The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth uni accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Laura_F!!
haha really? couldnt keep away! do you live far from plymouth? you living in a house this year i take it? I don't really know when i should move in, i get the flat from the 9th, but other halls don't start moving in till the 14th. I expect it's not really worth it before that is it? x sorry im just presuming you know all the answers haha

Yup home is boring, I live about two hours away in Dorset and trust me Plymouth is SO much more fun! I kind of did it a bit weird the first year and moved straight into a house as I didn't get halls, was a bit nervous as had no idea what to expect but somehow me and all of my housemates get along really well and I've had the best year with them so we're all living there again this year :biggrin:. Most people move in from the weds before freshers week, I doubt they'll be many around before that so probs isn't worth it no and don't worry I'm happy to answer questions :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 61
MovingPictures
Yup home is boring, I live about two hours away in Dorset and trust me Plymouth is SO much more fun! I kind of did it a bit weird the first year and moved straight into a house as I didn't get halls, was a bit nervous as had no idea what to expect but somehow me and all of my housemates get along really well and I've had the best year with them so we're all living there again this year :biggrin:. Most people move in from the weds before freshers week, I doubt they'll be many around before that so probs isn't worth it no and don't worry I'm happy to answer questions :smile:

ohh ok, well quite a lot of ppl have to get houses in their first year don't they? i was just lucky that i did BTEC and got results earlier then a levels lol ah that's good! i just hope i'm that lucky with housemates haha! can't wait to start visiting all the local watering holes and clubs lol! x
Reply 62
I just got my offer changed to unconditional! So will I hear from the accomodation people soon? Do I have to do anything or just wait?
Reply 63
lucyw1989
I just got my offer changed to unconditional! So will I hear from the accomodation people soon? Do I have to do anything or just wait?

if you've applied for accommodation you just have to wait. It will feel like a looong time lol x
Reply 64
Laura_F!!
if you've applied for accommodation you just have to wait. It will feel like a looong time lol x

lol i'm just glad I finally got my offer...still dont know what my btec results actually are yet, i'm assuming they will send me them soon. :smile:
Reply 65
I'm in Francis Drake Block B 166 :biggrin: I'm soooo excited nowww only like 5 weeks :biggrin:
Reply 66
Samz
got my offer of accomodation today :biggrin: i'm in radnor, soo happy that's where i wanted to go! :woo: anybody else heard back?

If you have had your accommodation offer already are you a mature student coz us UGs havent had anything about acommodation yet :'(
Reply 67
Fionelo
If you have had your accommodation offer already are you a mature student coz us UGs havent had anything about acommodation yet :'(

nope, i'm a UG too, i just have an unconditional offer cos i took a gap year. :smile:
Reply 68
ah ok i see
Reply 69
i've been made an offer for radnor. the en-suite rooms look nice..it doesnt say anything about a seating/sofa area though. anyone stayed there and have any info??
I just got my accomodation offer, A studio flat in francis drake
Reply 71
dammit i feel so bad now most people have offers in this forum :'(
i wouldnt worry about it mate, the majority of people who have got offers have either had unconditional course offers, have already recieved their results, or like me have had a priority case cause of there disability :biggrin:
Reply 73
lucyw1989
i've been made an offer for radnor. the en-suite rooms look nice..it doesnt say anything about a seating/sofa area though. anyone stayed there and have any info??

No sofa areas.... you should have a pretty big kitchen with a table and chairs to sit around though.

Gilwell doensn't even have that o_0
On gap year at present, had unconditional offer, got my own flat with gf. Anyone else doing business or related?
Reply 75
iainvg
i wouldnt worry about it mate, the majority of people who have got offers have either had unconditional course offers, have already recieved their results, or like me have had a priority case cause of there disability :biggrin:

hehe and the rest of us have to wait another 6 days to 20th August = AGONY!!!!!!!:mad: zomg xD
Reply 76
jpdaduck
No sofa areas.... you should have a pretty big kitchen with a table and chairs to sit around though.

Gilwell doensn't even have that o_0

oh ok, thats good enough then i suppose! does it not have a communal hall or something in the building? i'm sure I read about that...

you dont have a table and chairs??
Reply 77
I can't say I'm 100% certain on the communal hall thing. But I don't think that it has one.

Yeah, I was in Gilwell last year. All we had were the kitchen counters and stools.
Though eating Christmas dinner off of two ironing boards covered with a bedsheet was quite a laugh.
Reply 78
i got an unconditional offer a week ago and still no accommodation offers!! am i supposed to worry now?? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 79
jpdaduck
I can't say I'm 100% certain on the communal hall thing. But I don't think that it has one.

Yeah, I was in Gilwell last year. All we had were the kitchen counters and stools.
Though eating Christmas dinner off of two ironing boards covered with a bedsheet was quite a laugh.

We had a similar set up in Robbins - half of us round the breakfast bar thing and half round two ironing boards!

I wasn't aware that radnor had a communal hall thing, I'll see if I can ask my friend as she was there last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending