The Student Room Group

Accommodation prices in Plymouth

I applied to Plymouth and was guaranteed accommodation. they provided me with reasonable accommodation at 160, bills included, per week (it's a private accommodation as I was unable to get any halls in the uni). The main problem is, after talking to my parents and looking online at other private accommodations, we found much cheaper alternatives that are also closer to the uni. One that we came across gave me an ensuite with a large bedroom for 128 per week (including all bills plus wifi) right outside the uni.

The accommodation offered by the uni also isn't just freshers, it includes people from all years but the private student accommodation I found does not say whether the students renting would be mixed years or first years. Both have all bills paid for with wifi and a decent room size with an ensuite. The uni one has 7 bedrooms while the other only has 5.

Which option would be wise to go for? The less expensive private accommodation we found would give room for my budget but otherwise, I don't see a problem. Would there be any problems if I chose the private accommodation NOT provided by the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending