The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science with ABB

my friend scored ABBB in her A levels. she's interested in biomedical science...as in she doesn't want to be a doctor but work in the healthcare sector.

which unis would be suitable for her bearing in mind her grades? preferably non-london unis as finance is a concern as well...

thanks.

ps i did search ucas but there were so many unis and courses and i'm quite an ignoramus about the uk education scene...didn't take an interest in studying abroad till recently. i'm from singapore btw.
Reply 1
There are loads of uni's that want just BBB... have a look around the individual universities websites and read up on their admission policies.
reading is good only wants BBB
nice campus
nice town
I think St Andrews will take you with those grades...and it's got a great reputation for human biology! (talking from experience here:biggrin:) Infact, short of Oxbridge, the vast majority of places will consider you with ABB.
Reply 4
would you guys say that biomedical science in the uk is better than in germany?
Reply 5
Unless you've done the course in both countries it's very hard to compare them. Different countries, different approaches. Who can say which is better.
Reply 6
UCL, Kings College London, Edinburgh, etc
Also if she wants to work in the hospital labs it might be worth her looking at the biomed courses which when completed mean you are accreditted at the end. Not all courses are and to work in the hospital labs you need to be, essex and st georges both do an accredited course but i cant remember where else. Other courses you have to do the accredidation after completing which many hospitals dont like (according to colchester)
Reply 8
thanks for the replies.

anyone know if cardiff is any good for biomed?
Reply 9
I'm relatively certain Liverpool do an accredited course as well Bathwiggle..
They probably do, you can see which ones on UCAS, its just something to be considered when choosing it, and at the moment i wouldnt recommend essex for biomed there being rubbish on the whole returning coursework, telling us about cancelled lectures, general course running... i've just wasted a week here, thought i had 5 lectures on thursday... all got cancelled, one 40min after the should have been.. if i'd known they wouldnt happen i'd have gone home as i have far better things to do then nothing at uni

Latest

Trending

Trending