The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Triple Chemistry Higher Paper 2018

Scroll to see replies

false
Original post by Namakii
Only think it was one or two may be wrong tho. Yeah there's a bit of a debate about the answer in my school.

It was 1 mark and the answer was 5
Original post by RadioBloodB
Was it not Fe(S2)4 since each iron was bonded to four silicon ion pairs?

No sorry, it was definitely FS2 it’s just than when an ionic compound forms, each ion bonds with the other in all different directions (hence where the 4 pairs come from). Think the question was on Pryite and if you google is empirical formula it says FeS2 x
you divide by 2 because the molar ratio was 1:2
Original post by louishill1
It's 290 but I wouldn't stress about it, I did the same, you'll probably get 3 marks for working.

I think it's 290 people got 188 because they saw the final bond energy as 51 but it was -51 which would make sense as 51 +51=102 and 290 -102= 188
i thought it was okay but thinking back to it i feel like i made more mistakes than i realised
The question about titanium chloride... it said why would you expect it NOT to be a liquid at room temperature
But on the previous line it said that titanium chloride WAS a liquid at room temperature
????
Original post by jack.thomas
The question about titanium chloride... it said why would you expect it NOT to be a liquid at room temperature
But on the previous line it said that titanium chloride WAS a liquid at room temperature
????

Think you just slightly misread the question, it is a liquid at room temperature so the question was asking you why this was unusual (so why you’d expect it to not be a liquid at room temp).
I think it's because one is more dense than the other so the same ammount of moles occupies less space :smile: - Whoever asked about this question cant remember xd
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by onoma
i thought it was okay but thinking back to it i feel like i made more mistakes than i realised

Yeah to be honest I'm starting to think the same.
Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the Chemistry forum where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:
Original post by Louis2002
I think it's because one is more dense than the other so the same ammount of moles occupies less space :smile: - Whoever asked about this question cant remember xd

1 mole of any gas occupies 24dm3 at room temp and pressure :frown: Its cos the chlorine reacts with the carbon in the graphite at first then it only fully begins to be collected after the surface layer of graphite has reacted
Original post by serenajerhamx
Think you just slightly misread the question, it is a liquid at room temperature so the question was asking you why this was unusual (so why you’d expect it to not be a liquid at room temp).

But it said that it is a liquid at room temperature, and i looks it up and it said that it is a liquid..
Chemistry was easier than biology, Idk what the heck went wrong with biology!! The question on how to determine the concentration of the solution inside the egg was a joke.
Reply 113
What was the answer for this do u know?
Reply 114
For the bond energy question do any off you know the answer. I put 188 but i think I’m wrong
Original post by Joe654
It was a genuine question? I got something along those lines aswell..

Fairs dude. Sorry if I sounded harsh.

I'm not sure, is my answer. Hopefully we'll get a couple marks.
Were you supposed to use the equation: volume of a gas = (mass of gas/ atomic mass) multiplied by 100?
Original post by Blt2001
Hey, what did you guys get for the very last question about the mass of sodium hydroxide I think. I got 0.125g but everyone I asked said they got 0.126?

yer because mass/mr = moles and you had to rearange so u had moles X 24dm"3 = volume of cholrine gas
Reply 119
Original post by Lawan2018
yer because mass/mr = moles and you had to rearange so u had moles X 24dm"3 = volume of cholrine gas

What was given in the question? trying to remember it

Quick Reply

Latest