The Student Room Group

Do I still apply?

I just got my AS results, and they were triple A and a B (78) in chem. I know I can get the A*AA in A levels next year, but the B will be sent to college.

I was hoping for Emmanuel earlier but I've been told that giving an open application would increase my chances now. So do I do that? I'll be giving chem again and I'll mention that in my SAQ/LOR so theres that. Do I still have a decent shot at applying to Emma?
For AS, post a level reform, there is no point in redoing one, just focus on the A level.

Also what subject are you actually applying for? And is chemistry needed for it?

Given the entry requirements for the subject are A*AA I doubt it’s a science subject where chemistry would be considered too highly
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by HeadHoncho
For AS, post a level reform, there is no point in redoing one, just focus on the A level.

Also what subject are you actually applying for? And is chemistry needed for it?

I’m doing psychology, so the main ones are maths (high A at 96) and bio (low A at 80). I know i can pull up chem to an A in A levels and get a predicted of A sent as well- so i shouldnt redo it?

Im worried about this B impacting my chances of emmanuel
Original post by ria2
I just got my AS results, and they were triple A and a B (78) in chem. I know I can get the A*AA in A levels next year, but the B will be sent to college.

I was hoping for Emmanuel earlier but I've been told that giving an open application would increase my chances now. So do I do that? I'll be giving chem again and I'll mention that in my SAQ/LOR so theres that. Do I still have a decent shot at applying to Emma?

A low grade doesn't drag down high grades, if you are on target for the right grades in the right subjects, that's fine. You don't stand a better chance of getting accepted by making an open application, so you might as well choose the College you prefer.
Original post by ria2
I’m doing psychology, so the main ones are maths (high A at 96) and bio (low A at 80). I know i can pull up chem to an A in A levels and get a predicted of A sent as well- so i shouldnt redo it?

Im worried about this B impacting my chances of emmanuel

What was your third A at AS in? And no there’s not a point in redoing your AS, it doesn’t affect your full A level grade at all. For PBS at Emma, you don’t even need chemistry so a B in the AS isn’t going to make them straight up reject you
Reply 5
Original post by HeadHoncho
What was your third A at AS in? And no there’s not a point in redoing your AS, it doesn’t affect your full A level grade at all. For PBS at Emma, you don’t even need chemistry so a B in the AS isn’t going to make them straight up reject you

My third was a high A in physics, but im only doing that at AS level. Thank you agh i was getting worried- ill focus on the entrance test and interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending