The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
wais
Hahahaha what an idiot. I cant believe he thought 6 degrees at Imp is worth 1 at Oxford LOL.

Speaking from my degree, I've seen some of the "programing" they do in interdisciplinary subjects like the biomedical engineering. Possibly worth 3 introductory lectures in my course lol

yes but then they have to also do another 3 intructory lectures from my course and so on.. its hard when it adds up.

Someone told me that the maths we do in eee is harder than some 1st year maths degrees at other unis :s-smilie:.

Btw, what kind of computing projects have you covered so far?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

that guy was such a ******ed ****** i could destroy his pathetic little assertions but theyre 2 years old lol. perhaps hes now applyinh for jobs and seeing all the imperial,southampton and bristol grads gettin jobs over him :wink:.
anyone who wants to know the truth simply look at the ox syllabus vs imperial. they dont compare AT ALL.
ox timetable "you will have up to about ten lectures, two college tutorials, and up to five hours of practical work each week of term for the first three years" lol.isnt that less than any imperial engineering timetable?and yet he really thinks he covers as much as the imperial eng courses. moron.
Cambridge withouth a doubt... (G)Imperial is probaby better with CompSci tho...
Imperial does engineering - its true I know a guy who knows another guy and he said it was true as well. I don't know but I reckon my sources are pretty reliable. You might want to get third party data just to be really sure.
Computing?

Definately Imperial.
Reply 107
solo2wolf
I am not biased. i applied to Imperial, Ox, UCL,Southampton and Durham and I chose Imperial after a massive amount of research. I chose ox over cambridge because the said business school has the leading social entrepeneurs program (in the world) and the fact that david deutsche and penrose are at ox but otherwise id have chosen camb due to the nokia nanotech lab and because it has better industrial connections (nothing on imperials). thing is, Imperial trumps both those oxbridge aspects combined with the LCN (lond nano centre-shared with UCL) and the Tanaka business school.

let me guess... you didn't get into oxford so you went for #2, imperial.
madima

He did get into Oxford - Somerville college. He chose Imperial instead.
madima

LOL. how many times!? you probably wont get into either so dont concern yourself with which is best :wink:.
Reply 110
he has an offer from oxford if i remember correctly
Reply 111
lol_wut
he has an offer from oxford if i remember correctly

Yes, he has been explaining all the time his reasons for choosing Imperial.
saklut
Yes, he has been explaining all the time his reasons for choosing Imperial.

PRAISE THE LORD! We have one of the blessed amongst us!
Reply 113
I am not biased. i applied to Imperial, Ox, UCL,Southampton and Durham and I chose Imperial after a massive amount of research. I chose ox over cambridge because the said business school has the leading social entrepeneurs program (in the world) and the fact that david deutsche and penrose are at ox but otherwise id have chosen camb due to the nokia nanotech lab and because it has better industrial connections (nothing on imperials). thing is, Imperial trumps both those oxbridge aspects combined with the LCN (lond nano centre-shared with UCL) and the Tanaka business school.

Don't you think your reasons for choosing a certain uni are a little bit too specific? I mean, especially the quality of business schools and industrial connections sound very nonrelevant to me. I would chosse my uni on basis of how much I like the place and not on how detailed stress-analysis is taught. And now the reasons why i will choose cam over imp:
- the place is much more welcoming, i just dislike big cities
- the rent and prices
- teachers and porters were quite friendly at interview
- there are no scheduled lectures in the afternoon
- i like old buildings
- i won't have to explain which uni i was studying at when i am looking for a job
When I look at them my thoughts look pretty trivial compared to yours...
My ear is itching.
huhu
Don't you think your reasons for choosing a certain uni are a little bit too specific? I mean, especially the quality of business schools and industrial connections sound very nonrelevant to me. I would chosse my uni on basis of how much I like the place and not on how detailed stress-analysis is taught. And now the reasons why i will choose cam over imp:
- the place is much more welcoming, i just dislike big cities
- the rent and prices
- teachers and porters were quite friendly at interview
- there are no scheduled lectures in the afternoon
- i like old buildings
- i won't have to explain which uni i was studying at when i am looking for a job
When I look at them my thoughts look pretty trivial compared to yours...

lol dude you cant even nearly expect my respect following that?you recon ill have to explain Imperial to prosepctive employers? moron. and no afternoon lectures?old buildings,more welcoming..are you kidding me?your trying to criticise my criteria for uni selection?i could write a report on my knowledge of the respective unis i considered!you see the buisness school and industrial connections as trivial because you have a very different idea of what you want from your career than i do and also because your essentially a moron.
Reply 116
solo2wolf
lol dude you cant even nearly expect my respect following that?you recon ill have to explain Imperial to prosepctive employers? moron. and no afternoon lectures?old buildings,more welcoming..are you kidding me?your trying to criticise my criteria for uni selection?i could write a report on my knowledge of the respective unis i considered!you see the buisness school and industrial connections as trivial because you have a very different idea of what you want from your career than i do and also because your essentially a moron.

There's a lot of people in the world who do not know about Imperial, and it looks like a whole bunch of them lives in Austria. I'm not sure if every personnel manager around here would really appreciate an undergraduate from Imperial simply because he might have never heard of it. He may even be a little suspicious because the MEng only takes 4 years of studying compared to 5 years for a DI in Austria/Germany. (Although admittedly the quality of training might be a lot better at IC)
Other than that I don't think that the quality of a business school is utterly important for the employment perspective since it is very likely that the difference between those two elite universities is negligible. IMHO on that level its the personality that matters most. I don't see how people who e.g. call everybody not agreeing with them a moron could have a great career ... :wink:
huhu
There's a lot of people in the world who do not know about Imperial, and it looks like a whole bunch of them lives in Austria. I'm not sure if every personnel manager around here would really appreciate an undergraduate from Imperial simply because he might have never heard of it. He may even be a little suspicious because the MEng only takes 4 years of studying compared to 5 years for a DI in Austria/Germany. (Although admittedly the quality of training might be a lot better at IC)
Other than that I don't think that the quality of a business school is utterly important for the employment perspective since it is very likely that the difference between those two elite universities is negligible. IMHO on that level its the personality that matters most. I don't see how people who e.g. call everybody not agreeing with them a moron could have a great career ... :wink:

i dont even know how to resond. u consider the (basicaly non existant) rep of Imperial among your local (as in austria) personnel managers as justification for your statement earlier that Imperial grads will have to explain their uni to prospective employers? be gone.the business school stuff. u have no idea. unfortunately you cant see that because of that very fact and i sure as hell aint gonna spend hours educating you to that effect. seriously i cant even be arsed to verbally abuse you any further. be gone from this thread.
mmm huhu i just noticed. in my first two replies to you i though you were madima so i was already decided as to what kind of character you were. if indeed you are any better than him i dont know or care but id like to apologise for an excessively agressive response.
if the personnel manager is doing his job right, then he WILL have heard of Imperial, even if he's living in Austria and keeping a whole incest family in his cellar.

Latest

Trending

Trending