The Student Room Group

physics uni choices ???

Hey,

I'm strugling to pick between Cambridge Natrual science or imperial physics or UCl physcics or st andrews physics. I would like to persue a career as a investment banker and apparently Imperial and Ucl Out performs cambridge in employment rate in the industry. Anyone have any idea what uni will give me an advantage in investment banking career ??

Alevels predicted, A*A*A*A* maths chem phy further maths
Reply 1
Genuinely - who are you receiving advice from? Are you an international applicant?

There is no way Cambridge grads are less preferred than UCL or imperial.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Genuinely - who are you receiving advice from? Are you an international applicant?

I'm in a bit of a annoying situation, I'm eligible for free education in scotland (local) but not sure what england will see me as since i dont hold a UK passport
Reply 3
Original post by Porch
I'm in a bit of a annoying situation, I'm eligible for free education in scotland (local) but not sure what england will see me as since i dont hold a UK passport

Ah - that’s an issue. What is your visa and residency status?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Ah - that’s an issue. What is your visa and residency status?

I'm currently in special situation (dont know any details only my parents told me) that i'm allow to study in scotland for free due to some new regualtions. But here is my thing, Cuz on UCAS ur either a Local or international student, no in between so i cant be local in scotland and international in england. Apparently i'll just apply as local and see if the uni accepts me as local or not. If they dont they send me a application to fill in to see if i qualify or just simply put me in international bracket
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000

Is going to a uni in london actually that benefitial tbh ?? it is so much more expensive just to live in it
Reply 6
Original post by Porch
Is going to a uni in london actually that benefitial tbh ?? it is so much more expensive just to live in it

Going to a university in London is in no way beneficial in so far as location goes. There is a reasonable presumption that there are a handful of target universities whose graduates do rather well at getting into investment banking. The usual list stated is Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick, LSE, Imperial and UCL. The fact that three of these are in London is pretty coincidental (London is a large city) and doesn't imply that other universities in London have any special benefit.

Not sure what people in Scotland targeting IB do. It would hardly be a sign of financial sense to spend a fortune on what you could get for free!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending