The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i don't use diaries. we have a school diary every year and mine is just in my drawers never touched. i hardly forget to do my work (i may deliberately not do them though! :biggrin:) i don't do revision plans too. i remembered from last year during study leave, i did write down what i've done each day which made myself happy..but not really plan it. as long as you are familiar with the things you have to learn and keep on doing pastpapers..at the same time taking some breaks..i think that works the best for me.
Alex L
I think they're a joke, i got 6 A*s 5 As 2 Bs and a C at GCSE, and 4 As at AS (including quite a few 100% modules), predicted 3 As at A Level. So please don't just assume that everyone who doesn't use them does badly :biggrin:

I don't assume anything. I mean, each to their own. But the thread was started by someone looking for a revision planner.
Reply 22
ive made a list of each exam unit im sitting in may/june. im aiming to do around 1-2 hours per week of revision for each unit plus ive asked my teachers to put me in workshops in my frees at college. hopefully all the hard work will pay off.

im sitting 9 exams in summer!!! lol. im gonna be under sooo much pressure. its my own fault for messing about last year. oh well...

erm yeh... advice to as students: REVISE!!! start your revision NOW!

attend all your lessons, do your hwk n revise. dont be an idiot like me lol.
Reply 23
I'm an idiot like you, only I'm sure I was more of an idiot! I got AEEE last year after doing no work and turned up at college drunk sometimes! This year, I've worked my ass off though and I should comfortably now get ABB with a B AS-level. Last year I spent approximately 1 night's revision for each paper. This year, I'm spending about 2 months revision altogother for my 12 papers. This year, I have done a total of 17 papers after doing a few resits in January and I've taken on the task of AS and A2 Geography all this year with coursework as well, and doing Maths, Business and redid my Accounting to get from E to B.
Reply 24
I find that I revise too much of one subject an one of another and when I get into it, I really get into it. So I think a revision time table is good however I dont limit myself times as I just put what subjects and sub-subjects I need to cover in the day.

I think that there good if you make them flexi but if you make them rigid eg:
9:00am - get up
9:30am - Breakfast
10:00am - Revise law
10:30am Break

Thats harder to do and you go into rush mode or just watch as time floats by.
i have heard that some people use white boards and then get a thrill out seeing how much revision they have done that day and wiping all the hours off...
Reply 26
xamethystx
ive made a list of each exam unit im sitting in may/june. im aiming to do around 1-2 hours per week of revision for each unit plus ive asked my teachers to put me in workshops in my frees at college. hopefully all the hard work will pay off.

im sitting 9 exams in summer!!! lol. im gonna be under sooo much pressure. its my own fault for messing about last year. oh well...

erm yeh... advice to as students: REVISE!!! start your revision NOW!

attend all your lessons, do your hwk n revise. dont be an idiot like me lol.

I wish i were in your shoes...:frown: I've got 13 exams this summer! Serves me right for doing 4 subjects though! haha
Ive never really had a revision planner as such.
I download the specification for all my courses.
Then write down all the modules.
Then write down all the sub-topics.
Then create condensed notes on all sub-topics.
And just tick off the list as I go whenever I have time.
Reply 28
I can't stick to planners at all.
I find that by the time i've put together a nicely coloured in timetable that there are actually no slots left for revision because i've filled them in with countless day time tv shows.
Vjyrik
Oh come on, 16 here :smokin:

13 here with 3 subjects :wink:
Reply 30
Vjyrik
Oh come on, 16 here :smokin:

Critical thinking doesn't count?! surely that deducts 2 or 3 exams? Everyone does either general studies or critical thinking and the uni's don't even accept them! pfft
Reply 32
Joe555
Critical thinking doesn't count?! surely that deducts 2 or 3 exams? Everyone does either general studies or critical thinking and the uni's don't even accept them! pfft

My unis will accept critical thinking. pfft :p:
Reply 33
I honestly think people take the subject of revision timetables too personally. :p: In a nutshell, if you're the kind of person who likes to have everything sorted out in advance so you know it's going to work out, then a timetable will probably help you. Equally if you have quite a few individual tasks to do for your subjects, then having some way of planning so that you fit them all in will probably be quite beneficial.

On the other hand, if you find it easiest to revise as you go along, or you find that you don't stick to predetermined plans, then making a timetable probably wouldn't be of that much use to you. Much like some people choose not to use diaries to remember appointments because they find it easier to just remember what they need to do and include any extras which crop up along the way.

Whether you choose to use a timetable or not to, you can still do perfectly well in your exams. It just depends on how you learn best, and your personal preferences. :smile:
Reply 34
totally agree with you
Reply 35

Looks good. Thanks!

Have you had any luck with it before?
Reply 36
what i do is at a cander template from word and print it out and writ 2 stubjects in for each day!!
Reply 37
They had an online one on OneLife.. through the bbc website... they removed that too. :frown:
Reply 38
This site has useful tips, and a revision planner template you can download and edit: http://www.napier.ac.uk/getready/managing_studies/revision.html

Hope it's helpful! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending