The Student Room Group

Israel under attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
the terrorists are going to get a proper spanking this time.

Yes, Israel is going to get

a proper spanking this time.
Original post by LoveTravelling
Yes it does.

Errrr no it doesnt
Original post by kingoreo
Errrr no it doesnt

It really does babe
From the British Medical Journal

The current systematic use of excessive force towards unarmed civilians, including children and journalists, is provoking a further crisis for the people of Gaza. Since 30 March 2018, snipers firing military grade ammunition have caused crippling wounds to unarmed demonstrators.(5) As of 23 April 2018, 5511 Palestinians, including at least 454 children, have been injured by Israeli forces, including 1,739 from live ammunition according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza. As of April 27, the death toll has reached 48 and additional hundreds wounded.

The sniper-fire is mostly not to the head, with most of the wounds to the lower torso and legs. Dozens have needed emergency amputation of either one or both legs, and a further 1,300 required immediate external fixations which will entail an estimated 7,800 hours of subsequent complex reconstructive surgery if the limbs are to be saved. This is calculated maiming. More may die or incur life-long disability because of the degraded state of health services and the prohibition by Israel of the transfer for the seriously wounded
[video]https://www.facebook.com/christine.rinawi/videos/10155379472887233/[/video]
Israeli soldiers in action against an unarmed woman, Shufat, occupied East Jerusalem.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/JewishVoiceforPeace/videos/10157254371799992/[/video]
Israeli Occupation forces in Hebron trying to detain a 3 yr old Palestinian child

33488290_1473516172759234_4689460948375699456_n.jpg
Gazan students taking exams in hospital this month after having been shot in the legs by Israeli snipers

Below: Mohammed al-Tamimi aged 15. Shot in the face by an Israeli soldier last December. Last week the occupation forces broke into his house and arrested him again.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Midlander
Because Israel has no appetite for a 2 state solution and some in Hamas don't recognise Israel's right to exist as a state.

*a hamas spokesman today said "we have a few technical issues with Israeli policy, but i'm sure we can iron them out over a cup of coffee & some of my nan's halva"
Original post by the bear
*a hamas spokesman today said "we have a few technical issues with Israeli policy, but i'm sure we can iron them out over a cup of coffee & some of my nan's halva"

Netanyahu will literally iron them out
Nice to see so many supporters of terrorists. :cool:
Original post by Lit teacher
From the British Medical Journal

The current systematic use of excessive force towards unarmed civilians, including children and journalists, is provoking a further crisis for the people of Gaza. Since 30 March 2018, snipers firing military grade ammunition have caused crippling wounds to unarmed demonstrators.(5) As of 23 April 2018, 5511 Palestinians, including at least 454 children, have been injured by Israeli forces, including 1,739 from live ammunition according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza. As of April 27, the death toll has reached 48 and additional hundreds wounded.

The sniper-fire is mostly not to the head, with most of the wounds to the lower torso and legs. Dozens have needed emergency amputation of either one or both legs, and a further 1,300 required immediate external fixations which will entail an estimated 7,800 hours of subsequent complex reconstructive surgery if the limbs are to be saved. This is calculated maiming. More may die or incur life-long disability because of the degraded state of health services and the prohibition by Israel of the transfer for the seriously wounded

Even to the most rabid anti-Israeli, these statements must come across as objectively idiotic.

“Military grade ammunition” isn’t that a good thing? Would you rather they used civilian grade?

“Calculated maiming” Exactly. Is this not exactly what people want? Is this not exactly what Palestinian supporters have been crying out for? For years they’ve cried about use of deadly force and now that it’s not used- they cry about it. Why is calculated maiming a bad thing when the alternative is shooting people in the chest or head?
Original post by ProRoadman
You think Palestine will win? Instead of fighting, talk to each other. There is no victory in this situation for either side

there is no way the Palestinians can communicate with the israelites they have blocked everything off to the extent where even if you touch a wall near the mosque area you will be electrocuted its an extremely dangerous situation in which unfortunately one is not going to back down until the day of judgement
Original post by Trinculo

“Military grade ammunition” isn’t that a good thing? Would you rather they used civilian grade?
“Calculated maiming” Exactly. Is this not exactly what people want? Is

Oh dear. I'll type this slowly if that helps you.

Almost every other country in the world when faced with unarmed protesters uses non-lethal force. This can include rubber bullets, bean bags, baton rounds etc. That is considered a proportionate response. The Israeli snipers have been using bullets with concave tips which shatter when they hit a victim. Rather than a clean entry wound they cause massive injury resulting in amputation of the affected limb, or death if hit in the head or torso.

There is therefore a situation where the inhabitants of what is effectively the biggest prison camp in the world are trying to return to land which has belonged to their families for generations, and before they reach the fence they are being shot in a policy designed to permanently maim and disable as many as possible.

Not only this, but these snipers have also targeted journalists and medics who are clearly identified as such. They have shot and killed children, women and even people with no legs, in wheelchairs.

Can you name any civilised country in the world that does the same?
Reply 51
Original post by admonit
Nice to see so many supporters of terrorists. :cool:

I don't see many Israel supporters here?
Dozens of rockets fired?

Wouldn't be surprised if Israel retaliated with nukes.
Hello people.
I want to know something that's bothering me for a while. Why do these politicians use violence and bombs to get their ideas across, why are they not putting the safety of their people first?
Why don't they talk, just why? It will solve in minutes if they just talk. There is so such misunderstandings between countries and they want to use violence without knowing the consequences and just for money, green paper?
How do these politicians sleep at night knowing that millions of kids are dying. I just think these so called "terrorist" are just made up and given money to do this. I know there is a lot of underground business which is so annoying.
I know this is not the topic being discussed here but, milllions of people are dying in palestine( which is now Israel) and in Syria, and the politicians are enjoying this. I wish people could just talk, set their differences aside and do this for your people not for money. There is so greed for this stupid green paper that it brings in power. There is power in words not in money. The world is ruled by dogs( smaller countries influenced by money) who are just following their masters ( big countries with lots of money).
This is my opinion sorry if it offends anyone. This is just what I think.
Original post by Napp
I don't see many Israel supporters here?

Yeah, supporters of terrorists dominate. :cool:
Reply 55
Original post by admonit

You seem to be in a lonely club of two or so though?
Reply 56
Original post by admonit

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Napp

Oops seem to have quoted you twice, my bad
Original post by Chibidragon
Before saying something ill, you should do your research.

u realize he lives in Israel...
Original post by Zxyn
Hamas are so stupid. They know Israel will retaliate and hit them 100x harder to protect their country

Israel's already been hitting Gaza for a few days. Hamas are the ones retaliating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending