The Student Room Group

My Journey To A*A*A (2018-2019)

Hello anyone who may be seeing this! I've been wanting to make a thread like this for a long while now so here it is :tongue:

I am currently in year 12 and I am studying Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths at sixth form. I'm not the most academic person here, but I just wanted to make this thread to hold myself accountable for my failures. You don't have to read any of this if you don't want to, this is all just for myself. Hopefully I can stick to this thread/blog until i go off to University next year. Let's see if I remember my password to this account!

*Even though i named this thread "My Journey To A*A*A", I am aiming really high for no reason whatsoever, I don't think I would be able to get those grades even if I died trying. I am realistically aiming for A*AA-AAA.

*Planning to (fingers crossed) update this once a week :smile:

GCSES:
(They really aren't that great but in case anyone was wondering)

Spoiler

A LEVELS:

Spoiler

MY GOALS FOR THE END OF YEAR 13:

Spoiler

UNIVERSITY:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Ur goals and university choices look a lot similar to mine at the moment, which is why i decided to read the entire thing. 😁. Apart from the fact that i dont do further maths. But i honestly believe that you can reach your goals if u r determined and try super hard next year. Which is my plan.
Good luck:rave:
What do you plan on doing at uni?
Reply 3
Original post by AlexaB05
Ur goals and university choices look a lot similar to mine at the moment, which is why i decided to read the entire thing. 😁. Apart from the fact that i dont do further maths. But i honestly believe that you can reach your goals if u r determined and try super hard next year. Which is my plan.

I can't believe someone actually read what i wrote, thank you! gcses and year 12 so far have been quite difficult for me (in my personal life) so i haven't been able to reach my full capability. which is why i'm planning to work even harder and make sure i don't fall behind again. i'm glad we can both go through this journey together and better ourselves. good luck! x :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Toastiekid
Good luck:rave:
What do you plan on doing at uni?

Thank you! I'm torn between Biochemistry and Natural Sciences. I don't like the idea of studying a single science so i'm interested in a course that allows me to have a combination :bunny: How about you?
Original post by troian
Thank you! I'm torn between Biochemistry and Natural Sciences. I don't like the idea of studying a single science so i'm interested in a course that allows me to have a combination :bunny: How about you?

That sounds interesting:thumbsup: look forward to seeing how the rest of this year goes:hugs:
ahaha I’ve not really thought that far ahead:colondollar: (GCSEs right now:rave:) but I’ll probably start thinking about it over the next few years:eek3:
Reply 6
That sounds :u::thumbsup: look forward to seeing how the rest of this year goes:hugs:
ahaha I’ve not really thought that far ahead:colondollar: (GCSEs right now:rave:) but I’ll probably start thinking about it over the next few years:eek3:

There's no rush, you have a very long time before you need to decide:pika: Good luck with all of your GCSEs, I'm sure you will ace them and peacefully enjoy a long summer of fun and relaxation!! :u::u::u:
Original post by troian
There's no rush, you have a very long time before you need to decide:pika: Good luck with all of your GCSEs, I'm sure you will ace them and peacefully enjoy a long summer of fun and relaxation!! :u::u::u:

True:yep:
Have you done end of years yet?
Reply 8
True:yep:
Have you done end of years yet?

I finished all my "end of year" exams last week! We are still going to have a few assessments in the next month though :frown: I thought they went fairly well, but I'm still super scared. I'll be getting my results next week and make a post about them :tongue:
Original post by troian
I finished all my "end of year" exams last week! We are still going to have a few assessments in the next month though :frown: I thought they went fairly well, but I'm still super scared. I'll be getting my results next week and make a post about them :tongue:

well done:woo:
at least they’ll help you figure out what you’ve got to work on:dontknow:
that’s good:grin:
ooh exciting:rave:
Reply 10
:heart: FIRST POST :heart:

31/05/2018:

Work: This half term is passing by incredibly slowly. Since I've already finished my "end of year" exams, my productivity levels are at an all time low :redface: I've been treating myself to two/three episodes of Gilmore Girls a day to pass the time. Today I woke up late, worked on a few Biology mind-maps on the Unit 3 and got through some further stats questions. I don't hate stats, it's not difficult but I would much rather do mechanics. I wish I could just do pure maths for the rest of my life though because I honestly love it so much! It makes the most amount of sense to me :smile:

Thoughts & Feelings: I'm feeling really nervous for my exam results... I'm trying to stay positive and do work in small amounts here and there. I've also gone back to reading books and sketching. I used to read 2 books a week, but ever since I've started a levels I have only read three books (unrelated to my subjects) and it's almost the end of the year :frown: I'm 128 pages into Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I read half of it a couple years ago but gave up for whatever reason. So I am now giving it another go! I've never seen the movie but I remember everyone was talking about it at one moment in time. Now that my subjects are all academic, I've had very little time to focus on the other things that I enjoy like painting, playing music and having my head stuck in a book. I want to get alot done in the summer holidays, and relax. I just need some time for myself.

Quote of the Week:

Spoiler

Good luck!! :rave:
Let me know when you get your results and i will too. Because i am going to get them next week as well.
Original post by troian
I can't believe someone actually read what i wrote, thank you! gcses and year 12 so far have been quite difficult for me (in my personal life) so i haven't been able to reach my full capability. which is why i'm planning to work even harder and make sure i don't fall behind again. i'm glad we can both go through this journey together and better ourselves. good luck! x :h:

Thank you. Good luck to you too.
Reply 14
Original post by AlexaB05
Let me know when you get your results and i will too. Because i am going to get them next week as well.

ofcourse i'll post them here and leave you a message :smile:
😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest