The Student Room Group

Aqa English language Paper 1 Thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zaspo
You should be good then what did you write for question 5 a narrative or description?

narrative 🙃 the unexpectedly part was when a family went to the beach and a dark cloud starting coming towards them which was gonna destroy the city and they had to find methods to survive
Reply 181
Original post by tiredteenagerx
For me, the exam went **** in my opinion...well looks like I am going to be a stripper now!

Well if you do become one in the future (Hope you don,t) Pm me.
Reply 182
Original post by 5h5
narrative :smile: the unexpectedly part was when a family went to the beach and a dark cloud starting coming towards them which was gonna destroy the city and they had to find methods to survive

Nice! :smile:
Hows everyone story so dramatic when mines was about an old man in his damn rocking chair looking outside a window
Original post by my life is a lie
Hows everyone story so dramatic when mines was about an old man in his damn rocking chair looking outside a window

Lmao same mine is about a guy having some unexpectedly nice food
Original post by Zaspo
How did your exam go?

And Wtf was Q5 about?

My exam went alright. Surprisingly, I found question 5 the easiest. I chose to write a story about unexpected things, but I didn't expect to see a picture of an old man 😂
Reply 186
Original post by beano150
My exam went alright. Surprisingly, I found question 5 the easiest. I chose to write a story about unexpected things, but I didn't expect to see a picture of an old man 😂

What do you mean you didn't see a picture of an old man?
Original post by Nisa111
I wrote about his expressions, also I made a story up about him being a murder, cause of the fear in his face etc

I put this whole long winded perspective from his grandchild about how he’s got PTSD and his hands shake and his eyes look scared and stuff but I think I started going a bit ott there were some rhymes in there and I went off on a tangent about a war flashback at one point.
Original post by Zaspo
How did your exam go?

And Wtf was Q5 about?

I'm not really good at english but this paper made me laugh because it just wrote a lot of rubbish......

My teacher said that for question 5, the examiners will give extra marks
if you use extended metaphor/ extended personification. So i personified the sun all the way through...! ( I wrote a story btw)

Anyway how did you find it, did you do a story or description?
Original post by billie mercury
I wrote one of the best similes I've ever come up with in my entire life. I don't even know if it makes sense but I don't care (I guess I had a spark that deserved attention heuehueheuehueuh).

So I described the guys beard something like this: His beard was black and white like a solid game of chess on each strand of hair where the white was winning and the black was fading away in defeat.

I know it's probably crap but for me it's LEGENDARY.

I used like one good simile like ‘the stretched lobes of his ears drooped down like the dots on a question mark’ with the context of a child wondering about his life and questioning repeatedly about his mysterious past which I went in to way too much waffle detail about.
Reply 190
Original post by jesusjessica15
I'm not really good at english but this paper made me laugh because it just wrote a lot of rubbish......

My teacher said that for question 5, the examiners will give extra marks
if you use extended metaphor/ extended personification. So i personified the sun all the way through...! ( I wrote a story btw)

Anyway how did you find it, did you do a story or description?

I found mine okay i think I will do fine not good or bad. Nice for yours! :smile:
Original post by Zaspo
I found mine okay i think I will do fine not good or bad. Nice for yours! :smile:

thank you.... you'll do amazing anyway it's english language, it's always positive marking so you would always gain marks:h:
Original post by Zaspo
What do you mean you didn't see a picture of an old man?

I said I didn't expect to see it.
Reply 193
Original post by beano150
I said I didn't expect to see it.

Oh
Reply 194
I somehow wrote q5 about a man who had become old and haggered with quilt through accidentally killing his family in a car crash in way to a family camping trip lol

Q4 I didn’t have time to do I think I’m not even close to been able to resit 🙄
Reply 195
Original post by Danatm
I somehow wrote q5 about a man who had become old and haggered with quilt through accidentally killing his family in a car crash in way to a family camping trip lol

Q4 I didn’t have time to do I think I’m not even close to been able to resit 🙄

at least you tried! :smile:
Reply 196
Original post by Zaspo
How did your exam go?

And Wtf was Q5 about?

ny teacher took it
Reply 197
Original post by ml55
ny teacher took it

Took what?
Reply 198