The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies A-Level Paper 1 7th June Unofficial Markscheme

please post how the exam is structured and any predictions based on past papers.
thread going to have the unofficial mark scheme after the exam as well.
let’s go!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Last year the exam was structured:

MCQs - 15mks
2xCalculations - 7
Short context questions - 10 (4+6)
2x9mark analysis questions - 18
Section C - 25mks
Section D - 25mks
How did everyone find that exam?
I would love to know what people put down for the 25 markers because I felt that mine were so ****
What did everyone get for the market growth and the number of units
Original post by Aak2000
What did everyone get for the market growth and the number of units

I got 5000 units and 68%
I talked about ansoff matrix for question 22 (market development and new product development) and linking new product development with innovation and high costs. then for question 23 (UK businesses will see a fall in profit due to goverment adopting protectionism policies) talked about the EU tariff walls, then conclude that it depends if the business operates domestically or internationally
Harder than last year, for sure. I'd like to see an unofficial markscheme for the MCQ's to compare what I got.

For the unit output I got 50000, anyone else?
Got 68% growth.

1st 9 marker - retaining high staff, experience curve, quality improves, staff well treated so best attracted
2nd 9 marker - leads to greater innovation, competitive advantage, betters financially as they can innovate in production process as managers May overlook
3rd 9 marker - forgot what it was?

Chose 21 and 23
Said basically market mapping too simple on its own , should use with K and S research.

Protectionism will hurt profits , especially in long term, but won't effect on exporting business, and the U.K. Mainly imports it's good, and exports services, which are not easily substituted
Nice work here guys, hope the exam went okay!

I'm going to promote this as an unofficial markscheme so we can fill in the answers quicker :smile:
meh. wasn’t awful. i feel i did decent, probably didn’t do as well as i should have on 25 markers. overall i’d say about 60-70 marks. what i wanna know is why they increased the MCQ difficulty so much! i found it okay but spent much more time on it than normal.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Charliejet8910
I talked about ansoff matrix for question 22 (market development and new product development) and linking new product development with innovation and high costs. then for question 23 (UK businesses will see a fall in profit due to goverment adopting protectionism policies) talked about the EU tariff walls, then conclude that it depends if the business operates domestically or internationally

how did you link Q22 to riskiness though?
because thats what it was asking and i found it hard to link how product development was risky
product development is risky because it requires innovation and an investment in r+d doesn't necessarily mean success meaning it's possibly more risky but could argue either way as looking ansoff says they ate both equally risky
Well those maths questions... was expecting some sort of accounting ratios not the two that came up. Some of the Multiple choice were so difficult !
Original post by Lilmac121
I would love to know what people put down for the 25 markers because I felt that mine were so ****

Tbh I felt like I waffled so much that I kept repeating myself
Paper could’ve been worse 👀 hard to judge he quality of what you wrote in that time.

What topics do we focus on for paper 2 and 3 now?
Original post by jasoncpfc
meh. wasn’t awful. i feel i did decent, probably didn’t do as well as i should have on 25 markers. overall i’d say about 60-70 marks. what i wanna know is why they increased the MCQ difficulty so much! i found it okay but spent much more time on it than normal.

Original post by jasoncpfc

yeah the McQ were a fair bit harder than what the specimen or last year's paper gave
Original post by Littlekikijiji
Tbh I felt like I waffled so much that I kept repeating myself

Same, that was definitely my issue and i felt that i wasn't necessarily answering the questions that well
Reply 17
Original post by Charliejet8910
product development is risky because it requires innovation and an investment in r+d doesn't necessarily mean success meaning it's possibly more risky but could argue either way as looking ansoff says they ate both equally risky

;// I said something about consumer tastes changing and if they are not brand loyal then they won't be looking out for more products from a businesses range...i was really waffling
i was going to mention the investment but i did that for market development
Original post by s.mo
;// I said something about consumer tastes changing and if they are not brand loyal then they won't be looking out for more products from a businesses range...i was really waffling
i was going to mention the investment but i did that for market development

yeah mate I'm not really sure, you could have argued it in so many ways and that what makes business hard.. trying to hit the markschemes is an absolute ball ache so I wouldn't worry too much as long as you made relevant links
Calculations: I got 500 units (could be 5000 i can’t remember) and 68% (the new market being £210m)

9marker. Was about labour turnover of BBB plc, and its affect on producing High quality products

9marker. Intrapreneurship (didnt answer)

9marker Delayering effects on profitability: wrote about span of control, chain of command and resistance to change

25marker: Product development being more risky than Market development

25Marker: Demographics affecting performance of businesses more than economic factors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending