The Student Room Group

Year 12 Mock Exams 2018

Guys. You know for our internal exams which papers would we be doing for our mocks? Would they be last years papers (2017) need help?
Reply 1
Original post by Hammadk1
Guys. You know for our internal exams which papers would we be doing for our mocks? Would they be last years papers (2017) need help?

I've done most of my internals and it depends on your teachers i guess. My computer science teacher just set last years paper. on the other hand my chemistry teacher put together a paper herself using some really old questions as well as questions from resources you have to pay for. Sorry if that didn't help at all :/
Good Luck xx
Reply 2
Original post by Emanity
I've done most of my internals and it depends on your teachers i guess. My computer science teacher just set last years paper. on the other hand my chemistry teacher put together a paper herself using some really old questions as well as questions from resources you have to pay for. Sorry if that didn't help at all :/
Good Luck xx

When did you sit your internal exams?
Reply 3

Probably not, no. At our college, they didn't use the 2017 paper- it's already on the site!

They'll use a locked paper and/or a paper you cannot access, there's no point trying to get the paper. The college isn't stupid enough (I hope!) to provide a paper that's accessible to every student.
Reply 4
Original post by Quizlet
Probably not, no. At our college, they didn't use the 2017 paper- it's already on the site!

They'll use a locked paper and/or a paper you cannot access, there's no point trying to get the paper. The college isn't stupid enough (I hope!) to provide a paper that's accessible to every student.

which papers did you sit then?
Reply 5
which papers did you sit then?

Papers that you can't access.

Many colleges (including mine) used a mock exam provider to get a custom paper (made entirely from scratch) for the May internal exams. They definitely won't use a paper you can access as I'm sure they already know it's public. You just need to revise, there's no point trying to search for the paper.
Reply 6
When did you sit your internal exams?

Did most of them last week and I have my last one tomorrow morning
Reply 7
Original post by Emanity
Did most of them last week and I have my last one tomorrow morning

Have most of your papers been last years?
Reply 8
Have most of your papers been last years?

Only my computer science paper, my maths ones were made by other people and paid for by the school, and my chemistry teachers made their own by mashing a load of really old past paper questions and paid resource questions together - honestly if you're looking to try and find the papers online before your exam, don't bother. In the long term it won't do you any good to not bother revising for these exams because you won't have the luxury of looking online for Mark scheme or whatever seeing as they will all be brand new papers.
Good luck mate xx
They will probably use the ones from this year as these are secure and can only be accessed via a password, or create their own mock papers.

Quick Reply

Latest