The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

My school gives predicted grades by October of Year 13. I am currently in year 12 studying maths, economics and history. I have achieved 50% in my tests so CCB. I am only in the winter term of Year 12. However, I want to apply to top universities, and my teachers said that if they see improvement at the end of year 12 and start of year 13 then I will get better predicted grades. This is because, I only am in a term in year 12. Does anyone have similar stories?
(edited 5 months ago)
The problem is what your teachers will accept as evidence that they should grade you highier. For example, if you get Cs on all your mocks in yr 12 but get an A in your first mock of yr 13 some lenient teachers might predict u an A but others wouldnt because they would argue that your record doesnt show that you are actually capable of an A since this one result could be an outlier. The only fool proof way is to smash all the mocks. I spoke to my teacher during a lunch time in yr 13 to complain about what he had predicted me and he let me do mock papers under exam conditions in his classroom during a few frees which he marked and upped my grade. It depends on the teacher.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest