The Student Room Group

maths gradessss help and advice

edexcel gcse
predicted around 170/240 what grade would it be
I think you're looking at a secure 8.
Reply 2
Original post by sonny.jim
I think you're looking at a secure 8.

do you think they could increase the grade boudaries by 5 marks on each paper so 15 as a whole im scared of this
Original post by lolu123
do you think they could increase the grade boudaries by 5 marks on each paper so 15 as a whole im scared of this

I don't think the grade boundaries will increase by any more than 10 marks, tops. Even so, I still think you're looking at an 8, a 7 as the worst case scenario. I wish you the best of luck. Remember, you won't know how well you've done until results day. Please don't spend too much time pondering over how many marks you think you've collected.
Reply 4
Original post by sonny.jim
I don't think the grade boundaries will increase by any more than 10 marks, tops. Even so, I still think you're looking at an 8, a 7 as the worst case scenario. I wish you the best of luck. Remember, you won't know how well you've done until results day. Please don't spend too much time pondering over how many marks you think you've collected.

Thanks its just in the back of my mind all the time and I just don't want to see a 7 on results day
Reply 5
anyone else
Reply 6
Original post by lolu123
anyone else

same ffs this makes me cry because i made so many silly mistakes especially on paper 1 and 2 -_______-
Reply 7
Original post by Chidowee
same ffs this makes me cry because i made so many silly mistakes especially on paper 1 and 2 -_______-

i made the most in paper 3 :frown: makes me frustrated
7 or a low 8 in my opionion. man if you seen twitter people saying they flopped maths
Reply 9
Original post by Sasaki Haise
7 or a low 8 in my opionion. man if you seen twitter people saying they flopped maths

i know man thats whats giving me some hope
Reply 10
guaranteed 8
Reply 11
Original post by bvfh
guaranteed 8

what if they increase it a lot
they can't. It would be bad for them. Worst case scenario a strong 7
Reply 13
Original post by alireza280202
they can't. It would be bad for them. Worst case scenario a strong 7

how would it be bad for them
Reply 14
Original post by lolu123
what if they increase it a lot

they would never increase it by a large amount, its just something which never happens, they steadily increase a bit each year
Reply 15
Original post by bvfh
they would never increase it by a large amount, its just something which never happens, they steadily increase a bit each year

what if everyone did well this year
Original post by Sasaki Haise

What's up Haise?
When are you planning on letting Kaneki take over?

Anyway, yeah you need to remember that most people that are able to pass maths are doing higher maths so many people will be in the range of grades 5-7. There is no way that grade boundaries for grades 8 and 9 will be much higher since many people will be barely passing.
Reply 17
Original post by Hokage101
What's up Haise?
When are you planning on letting Kaneki take over?

Anyway, yeah you need to remember that most people that are able to pass maths are doing higher maths so many people will be in the range of grades 5-7. There is no way that grade boundaries for grades 8 and 9 will be much higher since many people will be barely passing.

are u sure i dont want to get my hopes up

Quick Reply

Latest