The Student Room Group

AQA gcse physics Paper 2 unofficial markscheme 15/06/2018

Scroll to see replies

If you want to know basically its kinda mad. First you use the formula of input voltage divided by output voltage= turns on primary coil divided secondary coil. You are told the number of turns of primary coil and secondary coil which which was 600 or something for primary and 4 for secondary then divide them. Then it says the voltage output was 1.7 something and so rearrange the formula i said before to work out input voltage by multiplying 1.7 to the previous answer. Finally it talks about 336 watts being the power so i used the power= current multiplied by voltage and rearranged to work out current so you do 336/ input voltage that was worked out before which came out as 1.2. At the end of the day I don't know if it is the correct answer cause i dont have the mark scheme but this is how me and couple of the people got the answer.
Original post by mathsscience1
1.2 A

I put 1.2 amps aswell but im not sure if its right
Original post by nazminexd
I got some of these answers:
50N/m

Sorry I don't know the order of the questions

I got 51N/m because i took an average of the different constants, as they varied slightly due to measurement inaccuracies.
I got 50N/m as well.
Original post by TheExamGod
Quite hard. I reckon a 9 will be 85% and an 8 will be roughly 75%. Anyone else agree?

it will be lower trust
Original post by koala_prime
the waves were of different lengths, so each wavelength would've been different, which isn't right

they were all the same wavelength. They just had different amplitudes :smile:
I honestly think late 20s will be a 5 in this.
What did everyone think of this test?
I thought it had some hard questions and I don’t think a lot of people revised with it being the last test
Original post by YEETBOI69xx
I got 51N/m because i took an average of the different constants, as they varied slightly due to measurement inaccuracies.

I somewhat agree with you because it was worth 4 marks so it would make sense to get a mean.
Original post by mattlcfc
What did everyone think of this test?
I thought it had some hard questions and I don’t think a lot of people revised with it being the last test

i think it was quite a nice exam none of the questions were too hard, its just the material you need to learn for paper 2 is quite tough though i found the paper ok
Original post by itskxmil
I somewhat agree with you because it was worth 4 marks so it would make sense to get a mean.

I left out the 2 results that were anomalous so obvs got 50 n/m would i get the marks for it
Original post by myth0000
Its uncertainty 1.5+-.This is because you take 2 bits of information that were 0.1 from eachother. You couldve done( 53 and 54 )or (49 or 48)
Then calculate average , and find that in both cases its 1.5+-
anyone else lol
it was some other numbers forgot what they r

I thought that the uncertainty was the range /2? That’s what I was taught anyway
Original post by malkimoo
I left out the 2 results that were anomalous so obvs got 50 n/m would i get the marks for it

I got 50 as well I have no clue
Original post by mattlcfc
The uncertainty question was adding it all together and dividing by the number I think

I think for uncertainty you do the range of number ( biggest - smallest) ÷ 2.
Original post by Tom_Richards1117
I thought that the uncertainty was the range /2? That’s what I was taught anyway

I just worte the range which was 10 would i get any marks for that , and how many marks was the question out of
can anyone please confirm if my answers below are correct

1.2 A

15 orbits

12 thousand and something can’t remember full number Pa

Drawing field clockwise

0.4 Hz

18,000 m

New model nuclear model from plum pudding

Energy transfer from ball to earth thermal from friction??

Motor effect using Flemings rule one side upward force one side downwards force until parallel to field then split ring commutator completes turn

Inaccuracies in F=Ke experiment may measure extension incorrectly?
Original post by malkimoo
can anyone please confirm if my answers below are correct

1.2 A

15 orbits

12 thousand and something can’t remember full number Pa

Drawing field clockwise

0.4 Hz

18,000 m

New model nuclear model from plum pudding

Energy transfer from ball to earth thermal from friction??

Motor effect using Flemings rule one side upward force one side downwards force until parallel to field then split ring commutator completes turn

Inaccuracies in F=Ke experiment may measure extension incorrectly?

oh no did u have to talk about left hand rule for last one
Original post by lol1223
oh no did u have to talk about left hand rule for last one

idk i just used it to explain why there were different forces acting on the coil but i think i went into too much detail imao
That was the worst paper i've done in science lol
:getmecoat:
Original post by (3.1415926535)
What example did you guys put for the changing models? I put CMBR off the space one

I put about the plum pudding model. Seemed to be the most obvious example to me but i think you could have put a number of examples

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending