The Student Room Group

What should a year 11 do in the summer after GCSEs?

I’m looking to be going into a Russell group university after a levels, so I was wondering if there’s any recommendations for stuff that would look good on my application/personal statement such as volunteering or something? I’m doing NCS as well.
Also I’m already bored and I’ve been finished for about 5 hours so yeaHhhh.
Original post by Hollly.r
I’m looking to be going into a Russell group university after a levels, so I was wondering if there’s any recommendations for stuff that would look good on my application/personal statement such as volunteering or something? I’m doing NCS as well.

Earn money, volunteer,travel, catch up with friends.

Get a job.

The only extra curricular stuff you need to be doing is stuff strictly relevant to your course. Anything not related to your course does NOT belong on your PS
Reply 3
Original post by super_kawaii
Get a job.

The only extra curricular stuff you need to be doing is stuff strictly relevant to your course. Anything not related to your course does NOT belong on your PS

So, say I want to do a history degree, working/volunteering at a museum would be good?
NCS, I took part in the scheme and employers love it.
So, say I want to do a history degree, working/volunteering at a museum would be good?

Yes, it would. Everything on your PS should prove why you are interested in pursuing your subject at uni and why that should grant you the privilege of an offer and potential admission

That would be fine. Ask at the uni hostory department or the library to see if there is any locla history work going on. I would not underestimate the value of savings though to pay for revision books or uni.
not ncs, it's for dweebs

jk do what u want hun x
I'm also a y11 and ill be preparing for A levels by reading through the textbooks, and for maths im just starting to learn to content
Reply 9
Original post by ZdYnm8vuNR
I'm also a y11 and ill be preparing for A levels by reading through the textbooks, and for maths im just starting to learn to content

gayyyyyyyyyyyy
Reply 10
Original post by ZdYnm8vuNR

I think some external reading around your desired subject is more useful for university applications, but by all means do some preparation for A-level.
Honestly, I'd just relax before your impending two years of doom.
Chill, enjoy your summer, get drunk with your friends and enjoy the freedom.
Original post by bvfh
gayyyyyyyyyyyy

Lejend
Reply 14
Original post by melvinspivak
NCS, I took part in the scheme and employers love it.

wouldn't go that far
Original post by YeFool
wouldn't go that far

True i dont think employers would care for it too much

Quick Reply

Latest