The Student Room Group

Year 9

What do you guys recommend doing in the summer holidays just before year 9 in terms of studying? I've gone through science and am currently going through maths, what are some helpful resources and anything else that I should be doing right now?
Just go through whatever subjects you need and love.
youtube, past papers, and practice papers..
Reply 3
Original post by FlyingSquirrel10
What do you guys recommend doing in the summer holidays just before year 9 in terms of studying? I've gone through science and am currently going through maths, what are some helpful resources and anything else that I should be doing right now?

i am going to be in year 9 too , can you say which websites/resources did u use?
i need it badly as i keep on only seeing gcse content i.e year 10/11 stuff
please
Original post by Alm_xo
i am going to be in year 9 too , can you say which websites/resources did u use?
please

Well, I have a textbook from school that I used and my notes from, if I didn't understand something, I just searched it up..
Original post by Alm_xo
please

My best advice (as someone going into year 13) is to just go through anything you know you are weak in/don’t understand, especially if you know it’s the basis for what you will learn in year 9, so you don’t start the year working with gaps in your prior knowledge.
Aside from that, don’t worry too much - the reason you can only really find year 10/11 stuff is because it’s only then when it starts to properly matter - you don’t need to be studying over the summer other than any homework you may have.
Essentially, it’s really great that you’re willing to be studying lots over summer, but unless there’s anything you really need to remedy from year 8, you don’t need to worry, there’s nothing you “should be doing right now” (as OP asked) so any summer study is really just an extra.
Well done for being so dedicated to good grades so early and good luck with year 9 and GCSE, I’m more than happy to help with any further questions/revision advice in future. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest