The Student Room Group

brighton or farnham for illustration?

Looking for advice in which uni to choose to study illustration, very stressed over which choice to make!! so I was wondering if anyone who has studied illustration at either Brighton uni or UCA farnham could give me advice, such as what the course is like, and location?

I really wanted to go to brighton as I feel like living there would be really good for me, however the layout of the course and teaching style doesn't seem to suit me at all from what I saw on my interview day. The course seems way more fine art-y.

As for farnham, the course appeals to me more as they seem to teach storytelling and actual illustration methods and have interesting projects, only issue is I can't see myself living in farnham.

Can anyone tell me what the courses are actually like to help me decide?
Reply 1
I'm into the 2nd year at Portsmouth and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to focus on their own style and build on it without restrictions.

I had an interview at Brighton and I didn't like the atmosphere or the facilities. My tutor told me not to go to Farnham as they're apparently a lot more commercial-based and haven't been doing well recently.
Reply 2
Original post by Joel 96
I'm into the 2nd year at Portsmouth and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to focus on their own style and build on it without restrictions.

I had an interview at Brighton and I didn't like the atmosphere or the facilities. My tutor told me not to go to Farnham as they're apparently a lot more commercial-based and haven't been doing well recently.

the thing is those are my only options now as i've already applied, so can't go to portsmouth unless i wait a year

what do you mean by commercial based?
Reply 3
kingston is another option i'm considering

Quick Reply

Latest