The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
well thanks mate...
regarding research is concerned... i m actually into business research..as of now..professionally...so i do know... and as far as cass is concerned... i have done research on masters only...may be you are right... you must have noticed...most of the research is followed by a disclaimer... it does have a purpose...and yea...a lot depends on the sample set you choose....research is not rocket science...:wink:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
i'd like to ask the apology of the moderator of this thread in advance. i would just like to clear this up. thanks for understanding.

ditta43

Good luck to all those going to warwick, but I heard especially in the upcoming Times business ranking that especially the business studies are ranked outside of the top ten. what a shame for warwick, which is considered a reputable institution:biggrin: !!!

Accounting & Finance

1 London School of Economics 3.65 5* A 467 86 100.0
2 Warwick 3.79 5* B 460 84 98.7
3 Edinburgh 3.66 5 A 510 74 97.0
4 Glasgow 3.93 5 C 465 86 96.9
5 Durham 5 A 334 78 95.2

6 Nottingham 3.65 5 B 407 86 95.0
7 Manchester 3.83 5* A 397 70 94.5
8 Loughborough 4.09 4 C 402 84 93.8
9 City 4.06 5 C 383 80 93.2
10 Bristol 3.54 5 B 411 80 93.1

Business Studies

1 London School of Economics 3.72 5 A 443 90 100.0
2 Imperial College 5 B 404 79 99.1
3 Bath 3.76 5 A 429 87 99.1
4 King's College London 4 B 407 83 98.6
5 Warwick 3.78 5* B 444 78 98.0

6 Aston 3.92 5 B 386 76 95.1
7 Exeter 4.27 4 C 382 81 95.1
8 Loughborough 4.07 4 C 402 81 94.8
9 Strathclyde 3.85 4 C 519 68 94.7
10 Lancaster 3.77 5* B 398 70 94.7

11 St Andrews 3.87 4 A 431 69 94.3
12 Nottingham 3.52 5 B 403 76 93.7
13 City 3.71 5 C 392 77 92.9
14 Manchester 3.47 5 A 417 67 92.9
15 Edinburgh 3.33 4 B 470 66 91.6

Source: http://www.thegooduniversityguide.org.uk/single.htm?ipg=6643

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,,, look who's sucking up now!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Trust you iligan to bring this back up :biggrin:

Imperial College don't do undergrad business :s-smilie:
Reply 63
Interesting that a new ranking came out...but it looks just as random as the other ones. BORINGGG
Reply 64
yeaa.... and quite a lot marketed by one of our TSR member...whos not warwick fanatic ..but hates city...more than he loves warwick....lol...Iligan...frankly... are u 11 or 12? how old are ya?... and why dont u paste the guardian rankings here...?...ohh....i remember ..cuz city was ranked pretty high in that.... hmmm.... anyways... m not 12:wink:
hellbound
yeaa.... and quite a lot marketed by one of our TSR member...whos not warwick fanatic ..but hates city...more than he loves warwick....lol...Iligan...frankly... are u 11 or 12? how old are ya?... and why dont u paste the guardian rankings here...?...ohh....i remember ..cuz city was ranked pretty high in that.... hmmm.... anyways... m not 12:wink:

What's with indian students and their love for the "..."??
The Orientalist

People who... type like that...sound...like....they are... drifting...in and... ...out... of consciousness.
silent ninja
People who... type like that...sound...like....they are... drifting...in and... ...out... of consciousness.

:biggrin:
Reply 68
Offers from Loughborough, Birmingham, Warwick, Nottingham and Imperial.
Got a week to decide between my top 3 of Nottingham, Warwick and Imperial. I may choose Warwick over Imperial because of accommadation cost. Or, may be boring and stay in my home town of Nottingham. Thought, Imperial is veeeerrrrryyyy tempting but I don't think I'll be able to afford £120 - £150 P/W for accommadation.
Reply 69
The Orientalist

well orientalist and other followers, the reason for "..." is that i try to make the thread more verbal or audible.. or rather my try to imbibe my text with some voice... rather than just a simple plain text on the computer screen, and i dunno whether its with the indian students only or wat...cuz unlike u guys i dnt make my opinions about someone by looking at his or her nationality... and its not about losing consciousness, its about being more vocal as i have already explained.
Reply 70
Excuses
Is Warwick not considered a good university in India? I'm from the Indian subcontinent and I'm studying at Warwick, and it seems to enjoy quite a good reputation there.

Who said that Warwick is not considered as a good univ., it is excellent... and it does enjoy a good reputation not only in India, but everywhere as far as I know, my comment was not on the univ at all...it was on the thought process of people who make some very generic statements about other univs based on rankings...which never have any consistency...with guardian giving out something, FT with something else...and now Independent.! Hope you got my point!
Reply 71
Got offers from Warwick, Leeds and Manchester. Edinburgh and York rejected me.

And then Warwick has gone up to 5th in the rankings and Edinburgh has slipped to 23rd, now behind both St Andrews and Glasgow.

JUSTICE.
Reply 72
hellbound
Who said that Warwick is not considered as a good univ., it is excellent... and it does enjoy a good reputation not only in India, but everywhere as far as I know, my comment was not on the univ at all...it was on the thought process of people who make some very generic statements about other univs based on rankings...which never have any consistency...with guardian giving out something, FT with something else...and now Independent.! Hope you got my point!

Then you should have addressed that message to ditta43, a pretentious Warwick lover who happens to be the biggest proponent of City-Cass on this message board. If you can read back a few pages, he claimed that Warwick will no longer be a top 10 school for business/finance only to find it in the end a huge hoax.

Unlike me, I don’t promote Warwick in a pretentious way. When I said Warwick is prestigious and world-class, that’s because it is true. In fact, it’s gaining more and more name recognition in the international arena every year. Look at the number of exchange scholars attending Warwick. Look at the high level international students attending Warwick. It’s was higher than ever. It’s a symptom of a huge progress that the school is gaining in the international arena. To give you an example, Warwick has become a huge name in the Philippines despite its being one of the few countries in Asia that is not a member of the Commonwealth and thus has very little information transpired to its citizens. I have also been to Brazil and it’s the same story there. But if some dim-witted TSR members don’t want to believe that, that’s their problem, that would be their loss, not mine.

Now, enough of this City-Cass thing. Let's now go back to regular programming.
Reply 73
ILIGAN
Then you should have addressed that message to ditta43, a pretentious Warwick lover who happens to be the biggest proponent of City-Cass on this message board. If you can read back a few pages, he claimed that Warwick will no longer be a top 10 school for business/finance only to find it in the end a huge hoax.

Unlike me, I don’t promote Warwick in a pretentious way. When I said Warwick is prestigious and world-class, that’s because it is true. In fact, it’s gaining more and more name recognition in the international arena every year. Look at the number of exchange scholars attending Warwick. Look at the high level international students attending Warwick. It’s was higher than ever. It’s a symptom of a huge progress that the school is gaining in the international arena. To give you an example, Warwick has become a huge name in the Philippines despite its being one of the few countries in Asia that is not a member of the Commonwealth and thus has very little information transpired to its citizens. I have also been to Brazil and it’s the same story there. But if some dim-witted TSR members don’t want to believe that, that’s their problem, that would be their loss, not mine.

Now, enough of this City-Cass thing. Let's now go back to regular programming.
Ditto for Ditta too then...
again I did not ever question or said something about warwicks' rep, infact i praised it i think... i was just saying that...when we disgrace other univs based on ranking...then thats a bit illogical, because even we know how baseless rankings are...again so inconsistent.
Happy Programming!:smile:
Reply 74
MrMatthewJamesEyre
Got offers from Warwick, Leeds and Manchester. Edinburgh and York rejected me.

And then Warwick has gone up to 5th in the rankings and Edinburgh has slipped to 23rd, now behind both St Andrews and Glasgow.

JUSTICE.

hey, congrats...well which course?
Reply 75
History and Politics! Awesome lol

(Warwick is also better for both of these too)
Reply 76
then why are u in a dilemma? :|
Reply 77
hellbound
then why are u in a dilemma? :|

Thats not addressed to me is it?
Reply 78
oh... well got ur point now...i thought u were asking about wat to do...but that was a comment :biggrin:..sorry comprehended it wrongly..anyways best of luck mate...
cheers!!
Reply 79
Indeed ... and the same to you, if you're even going and for whatever course

Latest