The Student Room Group

Uni choices - too risky?

Are these 5 options too risky for applying to history?

Predicted A*A*A* History English Lit Politics
Gcses - 99999999887

Cambridge A*AA
Durham A*AA
Edinburgh A*AA
UCL AAA
Warwick AAA

I was going to swap out edinburgh for manchester to give me a safer option, but Warwick history is in clearing this year so I assume that Warwick can be a relatively safe option?
I think that's pretty sensible for History with that profile.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
I think that's pretty sensible for History with that profile.

thank you, that’s reassuring!
Original post by vanyaaaaaaaa
thank you, that’s reassuring!

No worries. I know for a fact that at least one of those is not as compettiive as the grade requirement might suggest, so I'd be amazed if you came away with no offers. Even if you did, you'd have a very good chance of finding a decent place via UCAS Extra with those grades.
Reply 4
Just make sure that the optional units available in all years of each course actually interest you.
Not all History degrees are the same, and if the course turns out to be the wrong one, it wont matter which Uni you are at.
Reply 5
Original post by vanyaaaaaaaa
Are these 5 options too risky for applying to history?

Predicted A*A*A* History English Lit Politics
Gcses - 99999999887

Cambridge A*AA
Durham A*AA
Edinburgh A*AA
UCL AAA
Warwick AAA

I was going to swap out edinburgh for manchester to give me a safer option, but Warwick history is in clearing this year so I assume that Warwick can be a relatively safe option?

Remember that applying to uni is a two way system - you want to get in to them but they also want bright students who will succeed. With your grade profile they would be insane to not give you an offer, provided your personal statement is up to par - Know your worth !
Reply 6
Original post by Leolevi47
they would be insane to not give you an offer

As is proved year-on-year, all top Unis asking for high grades are mega-competitive - and this means that they turn away thousands of applicants every year who exceed their entry requirements and who think their PS is amazing. Never, ever assume that you or anyone else will automatically get an offer.
Reply 7
Original post by Leolevi47
Remember that applying to uni is a two way system - you want to get in to them but they also want bright students who will succeed. With your grade profile they would be insane to not give you an offer, provided your personal statement is up to par - Know your worth !

Reply 8
Original post by McGinger
As is proved year-on-year, all top Unis asking for high grades are mega-competitive - and this means that they turn away thousands of applicants every year who exceed their entry requirements and who think their PS is amazing. Never, ever assume that you or anyone else will automatically get an offer.

hey do you think i should swap edi for manchester then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending