The Student Room Group

Any advice on vectors or on rates of change integration c4 i

struggle on the exam questions badly, dont know how to approach them and dont know what the questions are asking. can someone please help me?
For vectors just draw a diagram of everything and if you draw you diagram right it should be pretty clear what you need to do. Also use column vectors because they’re better.

For rates of change just remember the initial value is when t=0 so for exponential questions e^at=1. Always write down everything you know at the start as well. For example if V is volume of a sphere and it tells you dV/dt and that you need to find an expression for radius you should write down dV/dt then and then right down that V =(4/3)r^3 then you can see what dV/dr is and then multiplying you can get dr/dt.
Original post by TheTree0fDeath
For vectors just draw a diagram of everything and if you draw you diagram right it should be pretty clear what you need to do. Also use column vectors because they’re better.

For rates of change just remember the initial value is when t=0 so for exponential questions e^at=1. Always write down everything you know at the start as well. For example if V is volume of a sphere and it tells you dV/dt and that you need to find an expression for radius you should write down dV/dt then and then right down that V =(4/3)r^3 then you can see what dV/dr is and then multiplying you can get dr/dt.

Thank you so much but im terrible at drawing vector diagrams i draw them every time i do a q but i still dont know what to do
Original post by adzzzzzzzzzz
Thank you so much but im terrible at drawing vector diagrams i draw them every time i do a q but i still dont know what to do

If you post a few example questions and your (attempted) working, we'll be able to give some more specific assistance.

Quick Reply

Latest