The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Mathematics A Paper 1 (H240/01) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR A-level Mathematics A Paper 1 exam go today?

OCR A-level Mathematics A Paper 1 (H240/01) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 6th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2 hours

Congratulations on finsihing your exam!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just one week to go
I hope everyone's revision is going well 👍
how we feeling team?
anyone have any idea of grade boundaries? my teachers said to expect 90% for an A* 80% for an A etc. but looking at past ones it doesnt look like its ever been over 80% for an A*
Reply 4
Original post by edwardbullock
anyone have any idea of grade boundaries? my teachers said to expect 90% for an A* 80% for an A etc. but looking at past ones it doesnt look like its ever been over 80% for an A*

I’d be surprised if they were that high. a lot are trying to go back to 2019 grade boundaries, so 72% for A*,
54% A, 43% B. I wouldn’t mind if they did that. The difference between maths grades is pretty shocking to me, nothing like my other subjects
Original post by 1000echos
I’d be surprised if they were that high. a lot are trying to go back to 2019 grade boundaries, so 72% for A*,
54% A, 43% B. I wouldn’t mind if they did that. The difference between maths grades is pretty shocking to me, nothing like my other subjects

yeah its nuts

2019 grade boundaries look great tbh 54 marks for an A feels really low
Reply 6
yeah its nuts

2019 grade boundaries look great tbh 54 marks for an A feels really low

agreed, 72% for an A* feels like a real challenge considering the boundary for an A. glad I don’t need an A* lol
I want them as low as possible :smile:
Last yr A* was 64% - I see it being 70-75% this year unless all the papers are like OCR Physics A paper 1 - quite hard - where they would keep the grade boundaries roughly similar.
Need an A* for imperial so fingers crossed for a good paper
Reply 8
How do you write a cartesian equation? as in does it have to have y = f(x) or could it be something like 2y = x + 1?
thanks
Original post by 16least
How do you write a cartesian equation? as in does it have to have y = f(x) or could it be something like 2y = x + 1?
thanks

i think its just an equation where the only variables are x and y - found by cancelling all the paramaters

that being said, it isnt a bad idea to try and simplify them to y = f(x) as often you may need to use that form in a later part
Reply 10
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the rough grade boundaries of the OCR sample (specimen) paper 1 would have been? Not sure if it would be low like 2019 boundaries or closer to 2018 ones.
Reply 11
Original post by Harry204
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the rough grade boundaries of the OCR sample (specimen) paper 1 would have been? Not sure if it would be low like 2019 boundaries or closer to 2018 ones.

I would always just assume that the papers without the grade boundaries will be around 75% for an A star even if it was easy or hard just to be safe. 75% is fairly high but do-able. 60% for an A i guess idk about the others.
Original post by Anyaaaaa123456
Guys make sure to revise the Simpson’s rule in sigma notation!

Lol I've never heard of that :wink:
Do we need to know how to draw the graphs of arcsin arccos and arctan?
Original post by Paracetamol123
Do we need to know how to draw the graphs of arcsin arccos and arctan?

i dont think so, but even if we get asked to draw them you can work it out as inverse functions are just the normal functions reflected in y=x
Original post by Anyaaaaa123456
Guys make sure to revise the Simpson’s rule in sigma notation!

not on the spec is it
not on the spec is it

Nah ur right my bad
Reply 17
do we need a protractor?
Original post by 16least
do we need a protractor?

i don't think so, none of the practice papers i have done would have been helped by a protractor and it isnt on the 'you must have' bit on the front of the exam
Not long to go guys, this forum will be cooking in 24h time. Hope the revision is going well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending