The Student Room Group

Which areas of further maths are most relevant for computer science?

Just wandering so i can self-study
Reply 1
decision maths
Reply 2
Original post by yzven
decision maths

anything else? i heard matrices are relevant too
Reply 3
Original post by omgwha
anything else? i heard matrices are relevant too

everyone learns matrices in the core pure specification
Original post by omgwha
Just wandering so i can self-study

All the matrices and some of the vectors topics (i.e. the linear algebra stuff) mainly will be directly relevant.

Original post by yzven
everyone learns matrices in the core pure specification

For students taking the A-level in England, matrices are FM only: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a7f273a40f0b62305b85670/GCE_AS_and_A_level_subject_content_for_mathematics_with_appendices.pdf
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
All the matrices and some of the vectors topics (i.e. the linear algebra stuff) mainly will be directly relevant.

For students taking the A-level in England, matrices are FM only: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a7f273a40f0b62305b85670/GCE_AS_and_A_level_subject_content_for_mathematics_with_appendices.pdf

I was talking about FM core pure
Reply 6
Original post by yzven
I was talking about FM core pure

Vectors is Core Pure...Unless my teacher is currently teaching me some random stuff in our lessons 😂😂.

I'd say Volumes of revolution, matrices, integration and vectors. These are the chapters that are necessary for engineering and so I'd say these are the chapters that are necessary for Computer Science.

At least, these are the Further Maths things I'm preparing for my Imperial interview in 13 days time.
Reply 7
Original post by vnayak
Vectors is Core Pure...Unless my teacher is currently teaching me some random stuff in our lessons 😂😂.

I'd say Volumes of revolution, matrices, integration and vectors. These are the chapters that are necessary for engineering and so I'd say these are the chapters that are necessary for Computer Science.

At least, these are the Further Maths things I'm preparing for my Imperial interview in 13 days time.

I never said it wasn't core pure what u on about ahah
Reply 8
Original post by artful_lounger

Reply 9
Original post by vnayak

thank you so much :smile:))) and good luck with the interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending