The Student Room Group

I just don’t know why I’m feeling down again

From around September to December last year I was miserable I think I had/ have depression and I felt like I would never feel happy. I got a bit better when I got a new friend and started enjoying sixth form and I thought my life was getting better but the last few weeks I can’t feel myself feeling worse and feeling sad again. I almost constantly feel sad. The last week-2 weeks have been the worst. What can I do?
Original post by Anonymous
From around September to December last year I was miserable I think I had/ have depression and I felt like I would never feel happy. I got a bit better when I got a new friend and started enjoying sixth form and I thought my life was getting better but the last few weeks I can’t feel myself feeling worse and feeling sad again. I almost constantly feel sad. The last week-2 weeks have been the worst. What can I do?

Are you in your 2nd year? wait till uni itll get better
Reply 2
Keep yourself busy with activities you enjoy. If it is serious or you are experiencing suicidal thoughts then seek professional help. It is normal to feel sad, it is not normal to feel it constantly without any triggers.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Are you in your 2nd year? wait till uni itll get better

I’m just finishing year 12. Tbh I quite like sixth form, I don’t want to go to uni but I don’t know what I want to do
Reply 4
Original post by TM03
Keep yourself busy with activities you enjoy. If it is serious or you are experiencing suicidal thoughts then seek professional help. It is normal to feel sad, it is not normal to feel it constantly without any triggers.

I do try, I like taking my dog out or going for a run but I’m scared that I’ll bump into people that I know. That’s something that I could never do, I don’t want to die. I just want to feel normal

Quick Reply

Latest