The Student Room Group

13 year old found drowned in Stoke

Highlighting this showing the dangers of the hot weather and jumping into lakes and rivers, feel for the family https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/ryan-evans-westport-lake-police-1723403
Horrible news. I hope at least that the story being spread prevents such a tragedy happening to others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Terrible shame.
This sort of thing does become quite common in summer though - a few years back a kid shattered both of his legs when jumping off of a bridge into the local river whilst another got a nasty concussion when he hit the brick stanchion on the way down.
Original post by Napp
Terrible shame.
This sort of thing does become quite common in summer though - a few years back a kid shattered both of his legs when jumping off of a bridge into the local river whilst another got a nasty concussion when he hit the brick stanchion on the way down.

One would hope people get the message that it is dangerous but sadly you are right this will keep happening as long as there is a heatwave.
Reply 4
Original post by Rock Fan
One would hope people get the message that it is dangerous but sadly you are right this will keep happening as long as there is a heatwave.

Indeed, not to mention the tradition of kids being generally "irresponsible" but alas. In the instance i mentioned it was mainly due to the thames being as a very low level but examples abound of these horrible occurrences in old quarry pools etc.
Reply 6
Very saddening news, I hope the best for his friends/family.
It is very sad news and very traumatic for the family . The lake is only 6ft deep at the deepest part and you can literally walk across it , but it is also thick with green algae and dense weed . It stinks from the large population of ducks and geese that live on its banks . I hope it is a lesson to all not to venture in and more explicit danger signs need erecting around it . I hope the City Council take heed .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending