Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JMR2018
If Google’s win predictor is any good then we should do okay 😁
0F54FB2D-B7F9-4736-BB6F-E871AE16576A.jpeg

Draw = penalties = England lose so England have 56% chance of losing
Reply 21
Original post by mojojojo101
If James is fit then I really think Southgate should be thinking about using Henderson and Dier together in midfield.

In pretty much every game England have played with this formation that has been acres of space either side of the DM and behind the 2 AMCs.

Colombia have 2 number 10s who will look at all that space and think their birthday has come early.

with a forward like Falcao who is limited but has great movement and finishing that could be really dangerous leaving that much space open.

That's why you have 3 cbs to prevent anyone from being spare.
Reply 22
Quintero is another very good player England would need to be wary of. 1-1 is my prediction after 90 minutes.
Original post by bj27
That's why you have 3 cbs to prevent anyone from being spare.

Should be, but having watched England play this system 5 times now it has been obvious to me there is absolutely acres of space to either side of the DM. The back 3 generally havent played high up the pitch and havent really closed down midfielders.

The player who will really create a problem is James Roddriguez playing slightly off the LHS, just in the space between Walker, Trippier and Henderson. At some point one player is going to have to come close him down, creating space for one or more of Falcao, Mojica or Quintero. Generally defenders have to react to movement so that puts them on the back foot, especially when it the formation battle moves out of straight 1vs1 match ups.

If you use Walker to mark Rodriguez out of the game you allow him to drag one CB wherever the opponent wants, creating huge spaces in behind.

Either way will be interesting to see who can make the better of the attacking midfielders on show, either it will be the Colombians making use of space that Englands formation allows or if England will be able to make the most of the 4v4 match up around Colombias CB+DM's.
Original post by bj27
Who would you have in place of sterling? Not like the backups particularly showed why they should start vs Belgium. Maybe have Lingard with Kane and that allows Loftus cheek and alli to play together.

Not that I've really seen Man City or even England that much, but it seems like it needs a change of attacking system.

That or players are still bogged down by England and aren't playing how they should, leading to unthreatening passes and shots not being put away in open play.
(edited 5 years ago)
Whichever traitors voted Colombia can go screw themselves.

It's coming home lads!
Original post by VitoCorleone21

It's coming home lads!

Not everyone here is English and it wasn't a poll asking who you're supporting.
Back to the standard XI here. Dele back in.

Not sure Rodríguez will be playing. Falcao and Cuadrado will and will be dangerous. Watch out for that Mina head too.
I'd be picking Kane and Sterling and then another.

Henderson has to start but interesting if Southgate decides to go more defensive and pick Dier to partner or stick with one defensive player.
Original post by Zerforax
I'd be picking Kane and Sterling and then another.

Henderson has to start but interesting if Southgate decides to go more defensive and pick Dier to partner or stick with one defensive player.

I say as a Spurs fan that I honestly don't think Dier should start at all. He was poor against Belgium. Bring him on as a sub if we're well ahead and need to bolster our lines. If he impresses then consider him.

This will be our hardest real test yet and I think we need to be optimistic and try and hammer them early on. We're not an extra time and pens team. We want to avoid it getting that far.
Original post by VitoCorleone21

It's coming home lads!

I’m South American and voted for Colombia. Come at me bro :P
Original post by Jgradschool

congratulations for knocking england out the world cup and thankyou now i can work in the summer without the nonsense distraction of everyone thinking somehow we can win the world cup.
Lol - England hypes up Panama too much. Biggest fluke in history, if they think they're getting further, the word 'delusion' comes to mind
Original post by EnterUsername.
Lol - England hypes up Panama too much. Biggest fluke in history, if they think they're getting further, the word 'delusion' comes to mind

at least someone in this thread has some common sense no way are we beating Colombia.
Original post by Jgradschool

I don't need to. Tomorrow England shall :smile:
Reply 35
I have never given a damn about football before but I've been pretty into this world cup and I'm excited :biggrin:
Bit nervous.

Looking forward to it though.
Haven’t seen any Colombia matches. I just hope England win.
Abit annoying how the match is gonna be played on ITV :/ but hope we pull it off
Original post by KWABENI_TMI
Abit annoying how the match is gonna be played on ITV :/ but hope we pull it off

England lost more Tournament games on Itv than on Bbc...

Quick Reply

Latest