The Student Room Group

MA International Relations decision

Hey, I‘m currently finishing my BA in International Relations in London and I aim to have a diplomatic career within the French diplomactic corps (I’m French).
I got accepted for MAs in Sciences Po, Georgetown, Columbia, and a dual degree Sciences Po/LSE. I’m very happy about the outcome but I’m now having a hard time choosing. Sciences Po is important for a career in France but how prestigious do you think it is internationally (in the IR area)? Are those American universities and their prestige worth me going into debts?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Elisa1000
Hey, I‘m currently finishing my BA in International Relations in London and I aim to have a diplomatic career within the French diplomactic corps (I’m French).
I got accepted for MAs in Sciences Po, Georgetown, Columbia, and a dual degree Sciences Po/LSE. I’m very happy about the outcome but I’m now having a hard time choosing. Sciences Po is important for a career in France but how prestigious do you think it is internationally (in the IR area)? Are those American universities and their prestige worth me going into debts?

They are al very strong options, but if you are going in to the French Diplomatic Corps, I doubt any of the overseas options are worth the debt greater the Sciences Po. The proof will be in the CVs of recent employees in the Diplomatic Corps - where are they getting their degrees from? Elsewhere in the world Sciences Po is as strong as Georgetown and probably stronger than LSE and Colombia. Though at that level it depends on your specific subject area and the academics in the department at the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending