The Student Room Group

England v Colombia

Scroll to see replies

@sr90 trolling is against the forum rules isn't it?
Reply 61
Original post by Wilfred Little
You think Kane skips training to play computer games?

What an odd post.

I'm just saying that maybe the England squads heads are not in the right place, they seem to be more concerned with doing Fortnite dances and other hilarities outside the pitch, To me it seems they care more about appealing to the public and getting sponsorship deals than playing good football. The bottom line they lack mental maturity that's uncharacteristic even for palyer of such a young age.

Can you honestly say that Englands play style is good, It's been quite bring of I'm perfectly honest and watching the Japan game last night, I reckon Japan could beat England if they played eachother
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by e^iπ
I'm just saying that maybe the England squads heads are not in the right place, they seem to be more concerned with doing Fortnite dances and other hilarities outside the pitch, To me it seems they care more about appealing to the public and getting sponsorship deals than playing good football. The bottom line they lack mental maturity that's uncharacteristic even for palyer of such a young age.

Can you honestly say that Englands play style is good, It's been quite bring of I'm perfectly honest and watching the Japan game last night, I reckon Japan could beat England if they played eachother

Yes strictly no fun allowed. Would do wonders for morale.
Reply 63
Yes strictly no fun allowed. Would do wonders for morale.

You still failed to address my point about England's play style lacking skill and finesse. It's honestly boring watching England play and I think they will be pummeled by a fast team like Colombia.
Original post by e^iπ
I agree, the England team are indeed coming home tonight.

Rahh no chance fam. England to the final.
"Something something plotting our easy route to the semis! Something something favourites to win! Everyone else is **** and we're amazing! Aha we lied about our modesty all along! It's coming home!"

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by e^iπ
You still failed to address my point about England's play style lacking skill and finesse. It's honestly boring watching England play and I think they will be pummeled by a fast team like Colombia.

You don't watch England play then.
Reply 67
You don't watch England play then.

Yes I watched England just scrape past footballing giants Tunisia...

I also enjoyed England pummeling underdogs Panama, who are experienced in world cup football...

It was sad to see England lose against Belgium who were obviously playing their best side, oh well I guess we can say England wanted to come second so they have an "easier route" to the final, because they are obviously going to get there...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by e^iπ

I also enjoyed England pummeling underdogs Panama, who are experienced in world cup football...

It was sad to see England lose against Belgium who were obviously playing their best side, oh well I guess we can say England wanted to come second so they have an "easier route" to the final, because they are obviously going to get there...

You said they were boring, now you're saying you think the teams they beat are crap which is completely different.

As I said, you obviously don't watch England. They played very well in the first two games. The stuff you're saying is stuff anyone could pull out of their arse from a glance at the scores. If you think the Tunisia game was close or that England didn't play well in it, you didn't watch it.
Original post by e^iπ

it wont let me rep you again but very well said
Reply 70
These guys are definitely one of those emo “woe is me” types.
If you think the Tunisia game was close or that England didn't play well in it, you didn't watch it.

It was 1-1 with minutes to go, that's pretty close.

More than ever today, we need to get rid of this idea that just because one team is given loads of chances they do nothing with, they 'should have' or 'deserved to have' won.
Reply 72
You said they were boring, now you're saying you think the teams they beat are crap which is completely different.

As I said, you obviously don't watch England. They played very well in the first two games. The stuff you're saying is stuff anyone could pull out of their arse from a glance at the scores. If you think the Tunisia game was close or that England didn't play well in it, you didn't watch it.

The Tunisia game was close, even discounting the pulling on Kane which should have been a penalty. My criticisms are not exclusively aimed at England, even top class teams have played badly this tournament, I'm just saying England are nothing special and will not win tonight. There passing is not good and their counter attacks are poor.

Panama were absolute amateurs and a league 2 team could have beat them.

The Belgium game was a non game with neither sides caring if they lost.

Tonight will be England's first test and should be treated as such,
Original post by ozzyoscy
It was 1-1 with minutes to go, that's pretty close.

More than ever today, we need to get rid of this idea that just because one team is given loads of chances they do nothing with, they 'should have' or 'deserved to have' won.

The scoreline was close the match wasn't.

Original post by e^iπ
The Tunisia game was close, even discounting the pulling on Kane which should have been a penalty. My criticisms are not exclusively aimed at England, even top class teams have played badly this tournament, I'm just saying England are nothing special and will not win tonight. There passing is not good and their counter attacks are poor.

Panama were absolute amateurs and a league 2 team could have beat them.

The Belgium game was a non game with neither sides caring if they lost.

Tonight will be England's first test and should be treated as such,

No it wasn't close.
Reply 74
No it wasn't close.

Well the fact that the scorline was close does indicate the game was close, you might be biased in thinking England deserved to win but if you look at it impartially yes England played better but not by leaps and bounds.

The person you quoted before me is right, if a team gets more chances, it doesn't mean they served to win, either they win or they don't and England scored a last minute winner so England's performance in their only "real" game was not that good.

You are also forgetting the fact that both of England's goals in that game were.nit as a result of smart ground paly and passing but headers. Before you cry out in disagreement, I know a goals a goal but England have not shown skill in the same way the likes of Belgium and Japan did last night.
The scoreline was close the match wasn't.

No it wasn't close.

England had 1 goal, Tunisia had 1 goal. Both teams had managed to inflict a goal on their opposition.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by e^iπ
Well the fact that the scorline was close does indicate the game was close, you might be biased in thinking England deserved to win but if you look at it impartially yes England played better but not by leaps and bounds.

The person you quoted before me is right, if a team gets more chances, it doesn't mean they served to win, either they win or they don't and England scored a last minute winner so England's performance in their only "real" game was not that good.

You are also forgetting the fact that both of England's goals in that game were.nit as a result of smart ground paly and passing but headers. Before you cry out in disagreement, I know a goals a goal but England have not shown skill in the same way the likes of Belgium and Japan did last night.

The game wasn't close though.

England had 1 goal, Tunisia had 1 goal. Both teams had managed to inflict a goal on their opposition.

Something about the scoreline.

England scored twice by the way.
The game wasn't close though.

Tunisia also scored once by the way.

England had more shots, that doesn't mean it's not close, as in all those shots England only managed 1 goal. Statistically England would've needed up to 17 more shots to score 1 more goal to win, luckily they scored through a set piece. If they didn't, that's it, 1-1. That's close.
Reply 78

You are the archetypical England fanboy, you informed my entire point about how the way England scored both of their goals was not good yet you still keep clinging on to the delusion that the game was not close.
Tunisia also scored once by the way.

England had more shots, that doesn't mean it's not close, as in all those shots England only managed 1 goal. Statistically England would've needed up to 17 more shots to score 1 more goal to win, luckily they scored through a set piece. If they didn't, that's it, 1-1. That's close.

If my auntie had a c0ck she'd be my uncle.

Quick Reply

Latest