The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Postgraduate Accomodation at liberty Park

Has any postgraduates been offered accommodation at liberty park by the university ?
I was under the impression that our course in computer science ends 30 th September 2019 but accommodation is given till 14 th September 2019 . What do we during the last few days of term ?
Hi. Sorry you have not received a response for this long.

I am a PG student at Warwick and was assigned to Liberty Park as well.

Don't worry, the "official" end date of your programme is just a formality. It usually ends a few weeks before. You will likely be asked to submit your dissertation in early or mid-September. There are no more classes during the last term of the year. You just work independently on your research, and thus do not have to be anywhere near Warwick campus at all.

Did you sign your contract already? If not, think twice. It is tiny (unless you are accustomed to tiny en suite rooms, there will be some psychological adjusting to do.)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hi ,
Just how tiny is it ?
Were you living in the premium studio there ?
We were told by Warwick that the only option to stay with my wife would be at liberty park at the premium studio .
Original post by arjunac
Hi ,
Just how tiny is it ?
Were you living in the premium studio there ?
We were told by Warwick that the only option to stay with my wife would be at liberty park at the premium studio .

Hi. I have never been there. But I have seen photos and heard from people who lived there last year. The en suite rooms are at best, suitable for undergraduates who are not spoiled by their parents. The space is small enough that anyone with more money would avoid it. The premium studio, while of course bigger, I highly doubt is good for more than 1 person. The meaning of a "studio" is a very small flat, smaller than a 1 bedroom, for single occupancy.

The en suite room is the only option within my budget that is within 30 minute commuting distance to campus, which is why I settled for it (i.e. because I have no choice. Beggars can't be choosers, as the saying goes, and while I am not a beggar, you know what I mean = I can't shell out 1,100 pounds per month on housing because mum and dad pay all my bills).

If you and your wife are living together for the entire year (i.e. she is not just visiting you for short periods), it would be best to reconsider your options. That is, if you have not yet signed a contract. Unless you can tolerate living with each other very peacefully and conflict free in a (tiny space in a building where all guests are required to sign in/sign out and visitors are only allowed to stay a maximum of 2 nights per week, then you would be happier to look elsewhere.
(edited 5 years ago)
If you are prepared to travel across town you can get a flat for much less than that. Of course you would also need to pay bills and 75% council tax (non if your wife isn't officially living there)

Bus travel to and from the campus is good and relatively cheap

Quick Reply

Latest