The Student Room Group

retaking UKCAT?

How would retaking the UKCAT change the way universities look at my scores? I haven't taken the UKCAT yet but I did choose a date thats near by and I'm not sure if I'm ready, would you say postponing it or retaking it is a better option?
You can not retake UKCAT twice in one year.

UKCAT scores must be updated every year, if you reapply to a uni, and universities do not look negatively at this. Postponing your UKCAT for a later date is fine too, although I would advise you to inform the UKCAT team and rebook asap.

If you feel like postponing would improve your score and hence your chances, do it. Make sure your future date is available first though.

Best of luck.
you can't retake the UKCAT within the same application cycle. If you don't feel confident I'd recommend postponing it. I had a friend push their UKCAT forward a couple of times and did so without any problems, and no, your universities won't find out and won't really care.

If you need any help regarding the UKCAT or want some of the resources I used to prep, just send me a PM.
Original post by pibobelebeep
How would retaking the UKCAT change the way universities look at my scores? I haven't taken the UKCAT yet but I did choose a date thats near by and I'm not sure if I'm ready, would you say postponing it or retaking it is a better option?

You can't retake it. Postpone it if you feel you need more time but bear in mind that no one feels "ready" to take the UKCAT. We all feel anxious despite having done some practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending