The Student Room Group

Wrote about the wring time period in my gcse

So in my GCSE History - America exam, I wrote half of an essay on the homesteaders who migrated west in the early 1860s when the question asked about migrants west before 1860...How badly will this affect my grade, I'm getting worried!
Original post by Izzy._xo
So in my GCSE History - America exam, I wrote half of an essay on the homesteaders who migrated west in the early 1860s when the question asked about migrants west before 1860...How badly will this affect my grade, I'm getting worried!

Its done now and it is only one essay out of several.

One of the most important rules, especially in History is to read the question and I always suggest at least twice and then think about it so you understand exactly what they are asking for.

It is hard to say how it impacted your essay nut some of it will be less relevant than it might have been because the focus may have been wrong. It is possible if the rest of your essays as good then it could have balanced things out. Without knowing the question and reading your essay it is hard to tell. The examiner will try and give you what marks they can for where you made a good argument and were relevant. Wait for your result and if you take it to A level then practice answering questions.
depends on exam board marking critic and the grade boundaries

then again when i did my gcse exam (essay on nazi germany) for some reason i wrote a couple of paragraphs on the weimar republic instead of hitlers regime

I ended with a B , so not all is lost , don't sweat it

Quick Reply

Latest