The Student Room Group

I really struggled for time in my economics exams

I’m predicted an A for econ but with the way it’s went I know I’ve gotten a c or a d. I missed out a total of 64 marks across the 3 papers. Judging by 2019 boundaries if in get half marks on everything I’m going to get a D grade. I do Edexel B to add. I’m really worried as I got into my dream programme at a good uni and I had to do interviews and exams to get in and I’m going to lose it all due to poor exam timing :frown: I can’t help but feel disappointed for myself. I’m wring this as I want to put my mind at ease and ask if how many other econ students have missed out questions in the exam due to running out of time.
Reply 1
econ is a very tight on time exam, so I would not be surprised. The only thing I can say to assure you a bit is that this years exams were quite easy so you could have picked up easy marks considering you guys were a covid year and if it does come to worst, just CHARGE IT, there are many things in life you are not going to get, but that's just life, you just have to keep going. just stop overthinking it.
Reply 2
Original post by yupcabra23
econ is a very tight on time exam, so I would not be surprised. The only thing I can say to assure you a bit is that this years exams were quite easy so you could have picked up easy marks considering you guys were a covid year and if it does come to worst, just CHARGE IT, there are many things in life you are not going to get, but that's just life, you just have to keep going. just stop overthinking it.

I ended up with a D after being predicted an A. Im not sure what to do
Reply 3
Original post by Katy_whisper
I’m predicted an A for econ but with the way it’s went I know I’ve gotten a c or a d. I missed out a total of 64 marks across the 3 papers. Judging by 2019 boundaries if in get half marks on everything I’m going to get a D grade. I do Edexel B to add. I’m really worried as I got into my dream programme at a good uni and I had to do interviews and exams to get in and I’m going to lose it all due to poor exam timing :frown: I can’t help but feel disappointed for myself. I’m wring this as I want to put my mind at ease and ask if how many other econ students have missed out questions in the exam due to running out of time.

100% get this Econ is really difficult with time. 25 markers :frown:
Original post by Katy_whisper
I ended up with a D after being predicted an A. Im not sure what to do

Sorry to hear that. I think the best thing to do I take a Gap year and re sit Economics and re apply to your dream uni. Also you could consider clearing. Don't let this get you down the grade boundaries were stupidly high this year and the exam boards screwed many people over, but Im sure something will workout in the end. Wish you the best

Quick Reply

Latest