The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
erm... no. Id dislike them if they made a thread about it though.
Reply 2
No, do you?
Reply 3
Obviously. I mean, OMG! Who do they think they ARE!
THE QUESTION IS WHY DO YOU HATE YOURSELF ? For not getting into a prestigious uni.
Reply 5
how pretentious do you think people are?
Personally, no.

I think it is wrong to judge someone on the university that they attend (or whether they attend university at all).

I just hope people are happy where they are and are enjoying themselves.

Out of interest, why?
I don't dislike, but I take the mic out of 'em :wink:.
Edit: Joke.
Reply 8
No, I'm not a snob.
Reply 9
i think those who do not get into a prestigious uni are rather cool indeed!!!! I kinda dont like those in a prestigious uin cos im a jealous person ha
Reply 10
I'd dislike anyone who gave too much of a **** about how 'prestigious' their university is.
nop not at all, we get a bit at my uni cos it essex, but oce read into the uni you see how good it really is
Erm, no, of course not. I started out at a "less prestigious" university (not that I like the whole "prestige" obsession anyway), and whilst I dropped out because I wasn't happy with the course, it would be enormously hypocritical if I were to suddenly turn my nose up at universities like the one I went to. :s-smilie:
Hate the bastards
Essex is good, what are you on about?
Reply 15
I might expect less out of them on a forum. But i'll never ever do that if i meet them in person and they prove to be nice people. I have lots of friends who got lousy grades yet they seem to be perfectly OK to me and sometimes you'll find them even more sincere than those ''smarter'' students. Getting into a prestigious university doesn't mean anything, you wouldn't like to befriend with a snobbish and arrogant Oxbridge graduate, would you?(I'm not trying to say all of them are snobbish or arrogant.That's just an example)
affinity89
Personally, no.

I think it is wrong to judge someone on the university that they attend (or whether they attend university at all).

I just hope people are happy where they are and are enjoying themselves.

Out of interest, why?

Out of interest, why didn't you apply to more prestigious universities with your grades? :smile:

You could have given Oxbridge a shot with them, surely?
Speedbird2008
Out of interest, why didn't you apply to more prestigious universities with your grades? :smile:

You could have given Oxbridge a shot with them, surely?

I applied to the universities I liked (with the exception of Warwick which was kind of a wildcard). I don't want to go to Oxbridge and I probably couldn't afford to do so.

Thanks for insulting the wonderful Lancaster and Hull lol, but I think you meant well haha. =D
Reply 18
Speedbird2008

Likely because they have the good sense to see that 'prestige' in terms of history departments means very little in terms of academic quality.
Reply 19
If they don't go to a uni in the top 20, they don't really deserve to be treated as an equal. Let's be honest guys.

Latest

Trending

Trending