The Student Room Group

Police Now Application for 2019

Scroll to see replies

Can someone tell me what the recruitment process is after you've done the two online tests. Is it a video interview or straight into assessment centres
Reply 121
Original post by Stephh.
Hey! I was on the am AC on Friday. I heard back yesterday :smile:

So quick!

I was on the PM. Did you get an offer?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by harjotdhami
Can someone tell me what the recruitment process is after you've done the two online tests. Is it a video interview or straight into assessment centres

It’s a video invterview and if successful, it’s an assessment centre in London. Have a look their website, they have a whole page about the recruitment process and what to expect at each stage.
Has anyone gone to the AC yet? So nervous
Hey guys, This thread has been super useful so far! I’ve just passed the video interview and got an email inviting me to an assessment centre but waiting on dates. Does anyone know when the drug test is? Do you think it would be during the fitness testing stage? Thanks!
Original post by amysade
Hey guys, This thread has been super useful so far! I’ve just passed the video interview and got an email inviting me to an assessment centre but waiting on dates. Does anyone know when the drug test is? Do you think it would be during the fitness testing stage? Thanks!

Yep so if successful at the AC, there’s then a second day of assessments which is medical, fitness, drug test etc! Best of luck at your AC :smile:
Original post by amysade

If you are a habitual user of drugs, maybe the police isn't for you..?
Thank you so much!

(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)Yep so if successful at the AC, there’s then a second day of assessments which is medical, fitness, drug test etc! Best of luck at your AC :smile:
If you’re assumptive in nature maybe the police isn’t for you either? Simply asking a question as to when they will be conducted does not imply I’m an ‘habitual user’. Wanted clarification on the process that’s all :smile:

(Original post by jpbarrow)
Original post by amysade
If you’re assumptive in nature maybe the police isn’t for you either? Simply asking a question as to when they will be conducted does not imply I’m an ‘habitual user’. Wanted clarification on the process that’s all :smile:

(Original post by jpbarrow)

Note: no use of irony around someone called Amy.
Reply 130
I've got a job offer for Manchester, has anyone else? Or anywhere else?
Hi everyone, Is there any further numerical/verbal testing during the AC?Many thanks!
Original post by Itsgingerhannah
Hi everyone, Is there any further numerical/verbal testing during the AC?Many thanks!

Nope! Just the three exercises discussed in the email about the AC (VR, roleplay, interview) :smile:
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Nope! Just the three exercises discussed in the email about the AC (VR, roleplay, interview) :smile:

Thank you so much!!

Do you have any tips or advice?
Original post by Itsgingerhannah
Thank you so much!!

Do you have any tips or advice?

I know it’s not much use but the best tip is just be yourself - the tests are designed to see whether you would be good at the role so just act how you would and make the decisions you would make :smile: and don’t be intimidated by the VR, it’s very easy to use and the assessor in the room is super helpful if there are any problems. Best of luck!
Reply 135
Is the drug test a hair one? When (like what month) do they do this?
Reply 136
Original post by Esmeee
Is the drug test a hair one? When (like what month) do they do this?

It is force specific on how they do the tests but yeah it’s usually a chunk of hair. Again it’s up to the force, so their recruitment team will contact you to arrange this along with your physical, dna, medical and vetting. A&S have just contacted me this week and I’ve got a date in March ☺️
Reply 137
Original post by ksm09
It is force specific on how they do the tests but yeah it’s usually a chunk of hair. Again it’s up to the force, so their recruitment team will contact you to arrange this along with your physical, dna, medical and vetting. A&S have just contacted me this week and I’ve got a date in March ☺️

Do you know if there would be any leniency on failing this if you smoked weed where it was legal? I am going to Amsterdam in a few weeks and was planing on smoking over there but don't want to ruin my chances
Original post by Esmeee
Do you know if there would be any leniency on failing this if you smoked weed where it was legal? I am going to Amsterdam in a few weeks and was planing on smoking over there but don't want to ruin my chances

I read on the police now website that they can take either a blood, urine or hair sample to test for drugs. I’m in the same position as you! I went to Amsterdam in August for my 21st and had edibales (brownies and tea) before I applied for this programme.

Cannabis and other drugs like cocaine can stay in your hair for up to 90 days! (I didn’t know this before researching). But apparently it’s only within 10-15% of strands in your hair so the chances of a positive test are unlikely.

That’s why I wanted to know when the testing was so I could count 90 days from there but I think I’m fine now

I’m not sure about their leniency so I wouldn’t be able to advise on that sorry :frown:

Good luck and enjoy Amsterdam! Amazing place
Reply 139
I couldn’t say for definite but I’m almost certain there will be very little lenience.

It’s a drugs misuse test with drug misuse defined as any circumstance, in which an individual’s consumption of drugs, whether continual or intermittent, causes physical, psychological or social impairment or harm to the individual or others. it’s the any circumstance part which makes me think that it doesn’t matter whether you’ve done it in a place where it’s legal or not, their policy still stands. Bare in mind taking of a drug is not illegal in the UK either, it’s the possession or supply.

As for the drug test itself, drugs do stay in for up 90 days yeah. @amysade you might be right with the 15% thing but they take a suprisingly decent chunk of hair. That’s means if they took 18 strands it would still show up on 3 off them. Officers failing the drug test and losing their jobs is unfortunately not uncommon nationally.

Also, just a bit of advice (without sounding like a total nob hopefully!), social media is also a big downfall for many officers going through investigation. I’d be very careful stating things in a public forum that are against government policy/controversial... investigative journalists and the media love that kind of stuff and a relatively innocent comment can get you into a bit of rigmoral!

Hope you enjoy Amsterdam though, it’s an awesome place! K

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending