NCA Trainee Investigator/Intelligence 2019 Watch

mrtom616
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thought I'd start a thread for the people going for this year's uptake of NCA Trainee Investigator and Intelligence Officers, so everyone can be updated on everything and give advice and what-not. Shall we start by telling each other what and where we're hoping for?

I'll start.

I'm going for the investigator position in the West Midlands.
LeeG33
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
North East - Investigator Sunderland
Last edited by LeeG33; 1 week ago
Matilda48
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Investigator or intelligence, West Midlands
mrtom616
Rep:
?
Has anyone tried for this in previous years? Or tried for/done anything similar in the past?
Yvonne 86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bridgend, Bristol and London as my choices 👍🏼
Vexper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeeG33)
North East - Investigator Sunderland
Same here, good luck mate. I've added on Warrington and Wakefield purely to keep my options a bit more open. Unsure if I could do the move but I guess I'll think about that if it comes down to it.
EngineeringOr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vexper)
Same here, good luck mate. I've added on Warrington and Wakefield purely to keep my options a bit more open. Unsure if I could do the move but I guess I'll think about that if it comes down to it.
I believe I've seen you on the Civil Service Fast Stream threads before, had no idea you were from the same region. I failed at assessment centre for the last round. I would've applied for this role if I knew it existed - when did the applications open (and close)?
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by EngineeringOr)
I believe I've seen you on the Civil Service Fast Stream threads before, had no idea you were from the same region. I failed at assessment centre for the last round. I would've applied for this role if I knew it existed - when did the applications open (and close)?
Yep, North East. I failed the Assessment Centre for Fast Stream too lol, but didn't bother with direct appointment because I already got an EO role in the Civil Service. The vacancy closed yesterday unfortunately, can't recall when it opened? Usually they run for around 2-4 weeks though, think it ran for about 3 weeks perhaps.
mrtom616
Rep:
?
How is everyone getting precise areas, the only options I had were regional ones
khloelouisa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m hoping for either Intelligence or Investigator, South West
khloelouisa
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mrtom616)
How is everyone getting precise areas, the only options I had were regional ones
The candidate pack had a list of all the locations within the regions, should still be available to view under applications on the CS website
acorn332
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
South West - I selected 'both'.

How did people do on the online tests?
Last edited by acorn332; 1 week ago
acorn332
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by khloelouisa)
I’m hoping for either Intelligence or Investigator, South West
Same :-) fingers crossed!
whizz-kid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied for both investigator and intelligence officer roles for London, Heathrow and Gatwick locations.
mrtom616
Rep:
?
(Original post by acorn332)

Not great, I got 42 on the CSJT, which is still a pass but by no means a guarantee I'll get any further, just have to hope my personal statement was really good.
Num1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by acorn332)

I'm also going for the South West and both.

I managed 82 and my 'working together' was my weakest score. I have no idea what sort of score they are looking for.

Anyone had any advice regarding the next stage?

Good luck everyone
Weeping_angels
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just wondering what everyone else’s application says in ‘status’ after taking the tests?
mrtom616
Rep:
?
(Original post by Weeping_angels)
Just wondering what everyone else’s application says in ‘status’ after taking the tests?
Mine says on hold after taking online tests
Weeping_angels
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mrtom616)
Mine says on hold after taking online tests
Thanks. Was panicking that I’d done something terribly wrong in the tests to be put on hold. Never applied for the civil service before so not entirely sure how the process works.
LeeG33
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vexper)
And to you Yeah I only put Sunderland because it was the closest to me and I know I wouldn't be able to commute every day to the other locations in the North. I'm AO at Washington currently but still on reserve for DWP and waiting to be intervierwed for Border Force. Hopefully I'll get at least one of these posts :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.19%
Worried (305)
17.96%
Terrified (378)
22.26%
Meh (162)
9.54%
Confused (37)
2.18%
Putting on a brave face (233)
13.72%
Impatient (213)
12.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise