The Student Room Group

NCA Trainee Investigator/Intelligence 2019

Thought I'd start a thread for the people going for this year's uptake of NCA Trainee Investigator and Intelligence Officers, so everyone can be updated on everything and give advice and what-not. Shall we start by telling each other what and where we're hoping for?

I'll start.

I'm going for the investigator position in the West Midlands.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
North East - Investigator Sunderland :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Investigator or intelligence, West Midlands
Reply 3
Has anyone tried for this in previous years? Or tried for/done anything similar in the past?
Bridgend, Bristol and London as my choices 👍🏼
I believe I've seen you on the Civil Service Fast Stream threads before, had no idea you were from the same region. I failed at assessment centre for the last round. I would've applied for this role if I knew it existed - when did the applications open (and close)?
Reply 6
How is everyone getting precise areas, the only options I had were regional ones
I’m hoping for either Intelligence or Investigator, South West :smile:
Original post by mrtom616
How is everyone getting precise areas, the only options I had were regional ones

The candidate pack had a list of all the locations within the regions, should still be available to view under applications on the CS website
Reply 9
South West - I selected 'both'.

How did people do on the online tests?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by khloelouisa
I’m hoping for either Intelligence or Investigator, South West :smile:

Same :-) fingers crossed!
I applied for both investigator and intelligence officer roles for London, Heathrow and Gatwick locations.
Reply 12
Original post by acorn332

Not great, I got 42 on the CSJT, which is still a pass but by no means a guarantee I'll get any further, just have to hope my personal statement was really good.
Reply 13
Original post by acorn332

I'm also going for the South West and both.

I managed 82 and my 'working together' was my weakest score. I have no idea what sort of score they are looking for.

Anyone had any advice regarding the next stage?

Good luck everyone
Just wondering what everyone else’s application says in ‘status’ after taking the tests?
Reply 15
Original post by Weeping_angels
Just wondering what everyone else’s application says in ‘status’ after taking the tests?

Mine says on hold after taking online tests
Original post by mrtom616
Mine says on hold after taking online tests

Thanks. Was panicking that I’d done something terribly wrong in the tests to be put on hold. Never applied for the civil service before so not entirely sure how the process works.
Reply 17
And to you :smile: Yeah I only put Sunderland because it was the closest to me and I know I wouldn't be able to commute every day to the other locations in the North. I'm AO at Washington currently but still on reserve for DWP and waiting to be intervierwed for Border Force. Hopefully I'll get at least one of these posts :lol:
I have no experience of the CSJT. Can anybody provide an overview of what it is?

Are they still doing the verbal, inductive and numerical reasoning tests this year? Or is the process completely different.

Many thanks.
Reply 19
Hiya,I’ve applied for both and hoping for North West. Good luck everyone 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending