The Student Room Group

Looking for wedding photographer

Any photography students want to built their portfolio/CV AND get paid 💰?
We’re looking for a cost cutting alternative to a professional photographer for our wedding day (in September).
It will only be a small wedding with 10 guests max. So no pressure!
(edited 5 years ago)
I would strongly advise against going cheap on your wedding photography. You will end up with unusable photos of what is a day you want to be able to share with your family in the future.

There is so much that goes into a wedding shoot that a student photographer just will not understand or have knowledge of, before, during and after the wedding. You also run the risk of ending up with no photos at all (a student is unlikely to have a secondary body, multiple lenses, a body with a redundancy SD slot, should any issues arise with their kit or a reliable photographer to step in should they be unable to attend).

Any serious student photographer is going to want to shadow a professional wedding photographer if they want some experience rather than just jump into it. Even a small wedding is pressured and still time sensitive.

You get what you pay for.

I do hope you have a lovely day and congratulations.
I’ll gen up do it for a score bit
Where are you getting married? I know a few photographers but you'd have to let me know where.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending