The Student Room Group

I revised for my A-levels in 3 weeks

As results day is approaching, I thought I’d share the revision process for my A- levels.
I live in a small town called Beverley in East Yorkshire and up to around 9 months before my A-level exams everything was fine. Before this point I was on track to achieve A’s/A*s in my A-levels and had achieved consistently high in my mocks and AS exams. Unfortunately about 10 months ago now I contacted an autoimmune disease called Graves’ disease. I suffered with severe pain and missed months of school, while also being hospitalised for a while. Fortunately I am fully recovered now.
However, after I was successfully treated( about a month and a half before my a levels) i was unable to concentrate on my studies and I noticed my memory had deteriorated. This led me to become bedridden for about 3 weeks and severely depressed( I had already noticed signs of depression when I first contacted the disease). Just over 3 weeks before my first A-level exam i decided to put everything aside and work continuously.
The first couple days were extremely hard but I worked an average of 8 hours a day for 3weeks and worked continuously between my exams. I still had a lot of base knowledge from before I became ill but I still had huge gaps in my knowledge which I tried to learn for 3 subjects in 3 weeks. I was not able to learn or cover the whole of my course for every subject but I am glad that I gave it my all at the end.
My offer is 2A’s and a B for my firm choice at university and I would need a lot of luck to achieve this. However I have informed my firm university about my circumstances and I hope they fully take this into account. I am sure there are people who have had similar circumstances to me and still achieved their offer, however I think the experience severely drained on my concentration and confidence.
Good luck to everyone for results day and feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
Wow. That's inspirational man. At least you didn't give up towards the end when it would have been so easy to do so. I like your mind set and work ethic!

Let's hope results day is good! :smile:
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Wow. That's inspirational man. At least you didn't give up towards the end when it would have been so easy to do so. I like your mind set and work ethic!

Let's hope results day is good! :smile:

I got into my first choice uni and achieved AAB(which is what my offer was) :smile: it gives me faith in the world
Original post by Extinction3900
I got into my first choice uni and achieved AAB(which is what my offer was) :smile: it gives me faith in the world

**** yes! Nice one

Quick Reply

Latest