The Student Room Group

peri's year 12 journal! <3

WELCOME TO MY GYG JOURNAL!

I've wanted to start my own grow your grades blog for a while but thought it would be a bit odd as I would be late to the party, but I'm in a serious motivation slump right now and need some help with it!

Hopefully I won't give up on this blog after a while and I continue to bore everyone with my revision updates until the end of the academic year. Only time will tell.

But before that, let me introduce myself...

Hello to any unfortunate soul who stumbles upon this. My name is Peri and I'm a 16 year old sixth form student doing 4 as levels currently. My subject choices are physics, chemistry, biology, and criminology as of right now. I'm predicted AAA for physics, chemistry, and biology (I didn't get one for criminology???). I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life, so I guess I'm figuring it out as I go.

Some fun facts...
No one has ever gotten an A* in any science A-Level at my school (pray for me)
I'm a theatre kid.
Taylor Swift has been my top streamed artist every year since I downloaded Spotify

Now that I'm done procrastinating, I'm going to try to do some actual work. :smile:
good luck!! also taylor swift>>
Original post by Peri-Nova
WELCOME TO MY GYG JOURNAL!

I've wanted to start my own grow your grades blog for a while but thought it would be a bit odd as I would be late to the party, but I'm in a serious motivation slump right now and need some help with it!

Hopefully I won't give up on this blog after a while and I continue to bore everyone with my revision updates until the end of the academic year. Only time will tell.

But before that, let me introduce myself...

Hello to any unfortunate soul who stumbles upon this. My name is Peri and I'm a 16 year old sixth form student doing 4 as levels currently. My subject choices are physics, chemistry, biology, and criminology as of right now. I'm predicted AAA for physics, chemistry, and biology (I didn't get one for criminology???). I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life, so I guess I'm figuring it out as I go.

Some fun facts...
No one has ever gotten an A* in any science A-Level at my school (pray for me)
I'm a theatre kid.
Taylor Swift has been my top streamed artist every year since I downloaded Spotify

Now that I'm done procrastinating, I'm going to try to do some actual work. :smile:

You can be the first to get an A*! :biggrin: Favourite Taylor Swift song?
Reply 3
ENTRY ONE!

I know this week is technically week two (maybe?) since I first started this blog but I beg for your forgiveness as I was going through the hellish landscapes of 'assessment week' in my school. Three weeks of straight assessments in every subject really does something to a girl and her motivation (especially when you're led to believe it's one week because of the severely misleading name). So, before I start here's a little re-cap/catch-up on school and other things I feel like mentioning...

Catch-up Time!

I got an 11/26 on my physics assessment. It was definitely a shock to the system.

I got a 21/36 on my retake of the physics assessment. Not bad, but still not what I should be getting.

I got a 21/34 on my chemistry 1 assessment. I thought it went a lot worse than that.

My chemistry 2 assessment went well (I hope) but I won't get my mark for another week and a half.

Biology is my only pending assessment on the first lesson on the first day back to school. It feels like it will never end.

I missed school Friday because I had a dance competition (Oops) and I qualified 5 dances out of 7 and got 1st place with 90/100 marks! (Yay!)

1989 (Taylor's Version) came out and I genuinely could cry I love it so much. Is It Over Now? (and literally every other vault track) is such a good song! Only reputation and Debut to go now!

I went to a Halloween party yesterday and a bunch of year 13s from my school turned up (it was a year 12 only party) and they ALL told me to drop physics. How fun.

My Goals!

At least 3 hours of physics revision + homework.

At least 7 hours of biology revision + homework.

At least 3 hours of chemistry revision.

At least 2 hours of criminology revision + homework.

One day technology free to try and limit distractions.

Signing Off...!

I'm planning on doing at least an hour of biology revision tonight but it's still up for debate if I can even get out of bed at the moment. I believe my motivation will come back at some point, right now I just need to push through until these assessment weeks are finallllyyyyyy over.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending