The Student Room Group

What are you alive for ??

I feel like to be successful or have a good life you have to be doing something , major like being famous to be at your fullest potential or become a sport star .Idk why normal people are living in this world what is my purpose?

Scroll to see replies

I believe I'm alive to awaken to my true nature as a spiritual being. I don't care about becoming rich or famous, I just want to make the most of life and help people along the way.
I don't think that is quite true. I am a cook at a restaurant and I certainly don't go noticed every single day, but I make people happy each morning and mid day by serving them a meal they want to eat and satisfy their hunger. That is my purpose in life and it makes many people happy each day. It may not be noticed on the big movie screen or on a playing field but it certainly serves a purpose. Each person can serve a purpose in this world I believe if they choose to do so.
You may say that these "famous" people like TV stars or Youtubers are successful because of their fanbase and money acquired, but in actuality, that doesn't define success for me. I believe success is measured by everyone individually, and it isn't based on money, but it is instead based on both making a difference, however big or small in your job and life, and giving back to people.

Let's say there was a kid who really struggled with GCSE maths and hated it, and they were likely to fail, but a teacher came in and helped them out and the student improved at maths and passed - that teacher and that kid are successes. They both made a difference, the teacher on someone else's life and the kid on his own life.

Just because of the fact that 'normal people' aren't seen all over Youtube or the Internet doesn't mean they are not successful.

Don't define success by money, cars or fans - define it on making a difference. So whatever job you do, keep motivated and work hard, try to help people and just live.
Reply 4
Original post by marniepippa
I feel like to be successful or have a good life you have to be doing something , major like being famous to be at your fullest potential or become a sport star .Idk why normal people are living in this world what is my purpose?

Humans have a need to survive and breed, most people whether they know it or not want humanity to continue as long as possible.
I don't think a lot of people have any major goals or motivation, people just want to live a decent life and have children.
Okay...first of, the answers to this question are going to be random guesses.. according to me...u don't need to know this. Just play along like everybody else....sounds bad right? It is....actually you can think of life as a test...the results will be given after you die ...maybe...scary? XD it cannot be 100% true...just be nice to everyone...don't mess with others help others...moral values....stuff like that...and be pissed off at the creator for not even telling why you are here and sending for living the life you are living...after death you could be either sad or happy...you don't know now..but why to take risk...so just ...do good...don't commit sins and do not do bad things on purpose...hope it helps you
(edited 5 years ago)
To experience everything.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I believe I'm alive to awaken to my true nature as a spiritual being. I don't care about becoming rich or famous, I just want to make the most of life and help people along the way.

That has truly inspired me thank you keep doing that it's great !
That has truly inspired me thank you keep doing that it's great !

I'm glad it has :biggrin:
Original post by Swedish-Meatball
I don't think that is quite true. I am a cook at a restaurant and I certainly don't go noticed every single day, but I make people happy each morning and mid day by serving them a meal they want to eat and satisfy their hunger. That is my purpose in life and it makes many people happy each day. It may not be noticed on the big movie screen or on a playing field but it certainly serves a purpose. Each person can serve a purpose in this world I believe if they choose to do so.

Thank you as well,you are right you don't need to be noticed for doing great things
Original post by Koalifications
You may say that these "famous" people like TV stars or Youtubers are successful because of their fanbase and money acquired, but in actuality, that doesn't define success for me. I believe success is measured by everyone individually, and it isn't based on money, but it is instead based on both making a difference, however big or small in your job and life, and giving back to people.

Let's say there was a kid who really struggled with GCSE maths and hated it, and they were likely to fail, but a teacher came in and helped them out and the student improved at maths and passed - that teacher and that kid are successes. They both made a difference, the teacher on someone else's life and the kid on his own life.

Just because of the fact that 'normal people' aren't seen all over Youtube or the Internet doesn't mean they are not successful.

Don't define success by money, cars or fans - define it on making a difference. So whatever job you do, keep motivated and work hard, try to help people and just live.

You have given a different outlook on success and it has changed my mind set ,thank you
Thank you as well,you are right you don't need to be noticed for doing great things
Actually that is the majority of the population. People get fixated on money and popularity and celebs/sports figures but they don't make up but a very small percentage of the population. So the people that making things go are the people that aren't getting noticed and doing things.
Original post by Jahnavi Sahay
Okay...first of, the answers to this question are going to be random guesses.. according to me...u don't need to know this. Just play along like everybody else....sounds bad right? It is....actually you can think of life as a test...the results will be given after you die ...maybe...scary? XD it cannot be 100% true...just be nice to everyone...don't mess with others help others...moral values....stuff like that...and be pissed off at the creator for not even telling why you are here and sending for living the life you are living...after death you could be either sad or happy...you don't know now..but why to take risk...so just ...do good...don't commit sins and do not do bad things on purpose...hope it helps you

To a degree I agree ,I'm religious myself and believe in life after death but playing along with life because certain aspects in life feels like a test ,certain decisions we make and more!
Original post by Pantera Fan Club

True they say life's a feeling process
my mission is to bring the people of TSR to awareness of the impermanence of the world of impressions and the nature of suffering.
Actually that is the majority of the population. People get fixated on money and popularity and celebs/sports figures but they don't make up but a very small percentage of the population. So the people that making things go are the people that aren't getting noticed and doing things.

Alright would you say people in the lime light are more happy than the regular ?

If you struggle to make a difference...and believe in your self you might change other people's thought towards life while changing your own
I don't know. I was brought into this world without my consent and now I must deal with the consequences of that.
Life is to be enjoyed, and most of the things I do that I don't particularly enjoy, are done so that I can subsequently experience more enjoyment. Being famous definitely isn't something I'd enjoy!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Pantera Fan Club

I hope you do....I don't wanna...I can tell you will feel very good experiencing being beaten...drowned...burned....frozen....boiled.....etc. pls say something valid bruh

Quick Reply

Latest