The Student Room Group

AS Results: Should I get my paper remarked?

I got an A (UMS: 80) for AS Psychology (CIE). I aim to get an A* for A level Psychology. Which means, with this grades, I would need to get full marks/close to full marks to get an A* overall. I wont be retaking the paper because AS psych and A2 psych is totally different and it'll be too heavy.
Will it be worth it to get my paper remarked? Any reasons not to (ie: your grades might go lower)?
Reply 1
Original post by cherlyne
I got an A (UMS: 80) for AS Psychology (CIE). I aim to get an A* for A level Psychology. Which means, with this grades, I would need to get full marks/close to full marks to get an A* overall. I wont be retaking the paper because AS psych and A2 psych is totally different and it'll be too heavy.
Will it be worth it to get my paper remarked? Any reasons not to (ie: your grades might go lower)?

If you’re close to the A boundary then it is a risk that you could dip to a B. If you’re close to the A* boundary then it’s worth it because you won’t dip below an A and you could get an A*. If you’re no where near the A* boundary it just isn’t worth it because their marking is never so off that they could be giving you 10-20 marks, it will most likely be a couple of marks.

Quick Reply

Latest