The Student Room Group

***GCSE Results Day thread - POLL IS ALMOST CLOSING - VOTE FOR HARDEST SUBJECT!!!!***

Scroll to see replies

1. What subjects did you take at GCSE?
Maths
English language
English literature
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
RE
Spanish
History
Geography
Computer Science

2. Which subjects are you going to continue at A-Level?
Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and Psychology.

3. Which subject was your favourite at GCSE?
Spanish and Chemistry!

4. Which subject was the worst for you at GCSE?
Geography and maths. I found both so incredibly boring.

5. How are you feeling as the BIG DAY approaches?

Best case scenario/Worst case scenario/Realistic case scenario:
Maths 9/8/8
English language 9/7/8
English literature 9/8/9
Chemistry 9/8/8
Biology 9/7/8
Physics 9/7/8
RE 9/8/8
Spanish 9/8/8
History 9/8/8
Geography 8 or 9/7/8
Computer Science 8 or 9/7/8

7. What do you hope to do in the future?
I hope to go to sixth form and (hopefully!) study medicine at Imperial. Oxford is a bit of a stretch right now. :biggrin:

8. What will you be doing on results day, after collecting your results?
After enrolling, I'm going to have dinner at a nice restaurant with my friends. :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Murrinn123
1. What subjects did you take at GCSE?
Maths
English language
English literature
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
RE
Spanish
History
Geography
Computer Science

2. Which subjects are you going to continue at A-Level?
Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and Psychology.

3. Which subject was your favourite at GCSE?
Spanish and Chemistry!

4. Which subject was the worst for you at GCSE?
Geography and maths. I found both so incredibly boring.

5. How are you feeling as the BIG DAY approaches?

Best case scenario/Worst case scenario/Realistic case scenario:
Maths 9/8/8
English language 9/7/8
English literature 9/8/9
Chemistry 9/8/8
Biology 9/7/8
Physics 9/7/8
RE 9/8/8
Spanish 9/8/8
History 9/8/8
Geography 8 or 9/7/8
Computer Science 8 or 9/7/8

7. What do you hope to do in the future?
I hope to go to sixth form and (hopefully!) study medicine at Imperial. Oxford is a bit of a stretch right now. :biggrin:

8. What will you be doing on results day, after collecting your results?
After enrolling, I'm going to have dinner at a nice restaurant with my friends. :':wink:

That's some very good grades - A* streaks. I really hope you get the grades you want and I wish you all the best luck for Results Day and don't forget to post your actual results if you want!
Subject - best case - worst case - realistic
Maths - 9 - 7 -8 /9 (need an 8 for Further maths A level though)
English lit - 7 - 4 - 5/6
English lang - 7 - 4 -5/6
Biology - 7 - 4 -5
Chemistry - 8 - 4 - 6/7
Physics - 9 - 6 - 7
Music - 9 - 6 - 7
Computing - 9 - 3 - 7 (need a 6 for a level and had to teach myself from awful teaching so that’s why it’s so varied! I honestly have no idea how it was)
Economics - A* - C - B
French -9 - 5 - 7
Further maths A** - C - A

2- I’m taking music, computing, maths and further maths for a level assuming I get the grades which I hope I do!

3- favourite subjects was either music computing or maths but I hated computing lessons but enjoyed revising for computing and music I prefer composing and performing but still enjoy the whole course and maths probs more based on my class and teacher as I loved the maths lessons!

4- never enjoyed English really but really struggled with biology this year as well.

5- 😬

7- I would love to go into computing and app development in the future but would love to try and incorporate my music into it somehow if I can.

8 - honesty idk depends on results
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by New Wonder
That's some very good grades - A* streaks. I really hope you get the grades you want and I wish you all the best luck for Results Day and don't forget to post your actual results if you want!

Thank you! I worked so hard for my GCSEs, but at the same time, I don't want to be overconfident! Whatever happens, happens. (: Good luck!
(edited 5 years ago)
1) Maths, English language and literature, triple sciences, geography, electronic products and graphic design.

2) At A level I wish to do geography, economics, business and accountancy

3) My favorite subject was probably electronics because it was just such a laugh. I was the only girl in a class of boys with a male teacher and the jokes I heard were hilarious and the banter was just off limits.

4) Physics. Ughhh. Terrible. I loved the content, we just had a really incompetent teacher.

5) 😁

6) Subject order : Maths, Language, Literature, Biology, chemistry, physics, electronics, graphics, geography

Best case scenario - 9, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, A*, A*, 9
Worst case scenario - 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, A, B, 6
Realistic grades - 7/8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, A*, A*, 8/9

7) A levels!
Original post by Elmo12
Subject - best case - worst case - realistic
Maths - 9 - 7 -8 /9 (need an 8 for Further maths A level though)
English lit - 7 - 4 - 5/6
English lang - 7 - 4 -5/6
Biology - 7 - 4 -5
Chemistry - 8 - 4 - 6/7
Physics - 9 - 6 - 7
Music - 9 - 6 - 7
Computing - 9 - 3 - 7 (need a 6 for a level and had to teach myself from awful teaching so that’s why it’s so varied! I honestly have no idea how it was)
Economics - A* - C - B
French -9 - 5 - 7
Further maths A** - C - A

2- I’m taking music, computing, maths and further maths for a level assuming I get the grades which I hope I do!

3- favourite subjects was either music computing or maths but I hated computing lessons but enjoyed revising for computing and music I prefer composing and performing but still enjoy the whole course and maths probs more based on my class and teacher as I loved the maths lessons!

4- never enjoyed English really but really struggled with biology this year as well.

5- 😬

7- I would love to go into computing and app development in the future but would love to try and incorporate my music into it somehow if I can.

8 - honesty idk depends on results

I wish you the best - it sounds that you have been working your socks of for your results. I truly wish you the best and do post your results in this thread (or maybe I'll make a NEW one)! Best of Luck.
Original post by 13KJohnson13
1) Maths, English language and literature, triple sciences, geography, electronic products and graphic design.

2) At A level I wish to do geography, economics, business and accountancy

3) My favorite subject was probably electronics because it was just such a laugh. I was the only girl in a class of boys with a male teacher and the jokes I heard were hilarious and the banter was just off limits.

4) Physics. Ughhh. Terrible. I loved the content, we just had a really incompetent teacher.

5) 😁

6) Subject order : Maths, Language, Literature, Biology, chemistry, physics, electronics, graphics, geography

Best case scenario - 9, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, A*, A*, 9
Worst case scenario - 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, A, B, 6
Realistic grades - 7/8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, A*, A*, 8/9

7) A levels!

I wish you the best - you have got this. #BeResultsProud
I wish you the best - you have got this. #BeResultsProud

Thank you so much! If you’re anticipating any results best of luck to you too. ☺️
Thank you so much! If you’re anticipating any results best of luck to you too. ☺️

Yeah I am - thanks a lot!
Yeah I am - thanks a lot!

Have you put down your own answers to this? I’d love to read. ☺️
Have you put down your own answers to this? I’d love to read. ☺️

Yes, I did - I will try and find it for you!

Edited: Here you go.

Best Case Scenario:

English Language - 9
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 9
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8

Worst Case Scenario:

English Language - 7
English Literature - 7
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
History - 7
Business - A
RE - 7
Drama - 6

Realistic Scenario:

English Language - 8/9
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 8/9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 8
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8/7

Already achieved an A* in Finance

So, so far I have 1 A*. Expecting the worst and hoping for the best!

(edited 5 years ago)
Yes, I did - I will try and find it for you!

Edited: Here you go.

Best Case Scenario:

English Language - 9
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 9
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8

Worst Case Scenario:

English Language - 7
English Literature - 7
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 8
Physics - 7
History - 7
Business - A
RE - 7
Drama - 6

Realistic Scenario:

English Language - 8/9
English Literature - 8
Mathematics - 8
Biology - 8/9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 8
Business - A*
RE - 9
Drama - 8/7

Already achieved an A* in Finance

So, so far I have 1 A*. Expecting the worst and hoping for the best!

Oh wow!! Well done! You must have worked so hard!!
Hi all!
I did at GCSE; the core subjects with triple science, Geography, History, Computing and Nutrition. (I did RE last year and got an A)

I felt so good about these exams but as time has passed, my anxiety has kicked in and I have lost all faith in myself.

Nevertheless, here we go!

BEST CASE SCENARIO:
Maths-8
English (Lit/Lang)-8
Biology-8
Chemistry-7
Physics-8
Geography-7
History-7
Nutrition-9
Computing-7

WORST CASE SCENARIO:
Maths-7 (still a damn good grade)
English Lit-7
English Lang-6
Biology-7
Chemistry-6
Physics-7
Geography-6
History-6
Computing-6
Nutrition-7

REALISTICALLY:
Maths-7
English (Both)-8
Biology-7
Chemistry-6/7 (Too hard to tell!)
Physics-8
Geography-6
History-6
Computing-6
Nutrition-8

In truth, I’d be damn happy with the worst case scenario anyway but I just don’t know what to expect anymore.

I’d say my best subjects were: English Literature, Physics, Biology and Nutrition.

And the worst was definitely: Geography and History. Both paper two’s were just dreadful. (Geography is AQA and History was Edexcel.)

Wishing all the best for you all.
For GCSE I took:
Mathematics
Additional Mathematics
English Literature
English Language
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Electronics
French
Geography
History
HPQ

For A-level I am going to take:
Further Mathematics
Mathematics
Chemistry
Physics

My favourite subject at GCSE was History because I found the 20th century period we were studying interesting.
My worst subject at GCSE was English because I just hated analysing texts, I found it pointless.

As results day approaches I am 😐

First Grade - Best Case
Second Grade - Worst Case
Third Grade - Realistic Grade

Mathematics - 9/8/9
Additional Mathematics - 9/8/9
English Literature - 9/6/8
English Language - 8/6/7
Biology - 9/8/8
Chemistry - 9/7/8
Physics - 9/6/8
Electronics - A*/A/A*
French - 8/6/8
Geography - 9/7/8
History - 9/7/8
HPQ - A*/A/A*

In the future I hope to go to Sixth Form, on results day I’ll be visiting my new sixth form.
I wish you the best - it sounds that you have been working your socks of for your results. I truly wish you the best and do post your results in this thread (or maybe I'll make a NEW one)! Best of Luck.

Thank you so much. I will always tell myself I could’ve done more but I know that I did work as hard as I could!
My GCSES:
English Literature (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
Biology (Edexcel)
Physics (Edexcel)
Chemistry (Edexcel, did triple science)
History (CIE)
Latin (OCR)
Italian (CIE)
RT (Edexcel)
Maths (Edexcel) --> did early last year, A*
French (CIE) --> did early last year, A*

My A-level choices:
English Literature (OCR)
Philosophy (AQA)
Maths
Further Maths - Statistics

My favourite GCSE was English Literature, 2nd favourite RT

My worst and most hated subject was Physics by far

Feelings about results day: :eek4:

Best case scenario// Worst case scenario // Realistic case scenario:

English Literature: 9//8//9
English Language: 9//8//9
Biology: A*//A//A*
Physics: A*//A//A* (unless grade boundaries are insanely high which seems likely :frown:)
Chemistry: A*//A//A* (but lowkey feel like i flopped paper 1 the more i think about it)
History: A*//A//A*
Latin: A*//A//A*
Italian: A*//A//A*
RT: 9//8//8
Maths: Got an A*
French: Got an A*
i sooo hope i get all a*s but i wont be surprised if i dont
I hope to go to sixth form at my current school, then go on to probably study Law (dream uni is Cambridge)

On results day I'll open it with like one close friend so that I don't feel too much pressure from other people, then probs go out to eat with some friends :smile:

good luck
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey 🙈🙊🙉!

A-Level: Bio, Chem, Maths and/or Psychology but depends on where I end up.

Favourite subject: Physics. Just bits and bobs though like Electromagnetism. I love seeing its application in the world. Still, my grades aren't spectacular for it.

Worst subject: RS. Waste of a GCSE. Had to pull myself off the ground during the last month as I realised that my teachers (who were playing musical chairs in the beginning of the year) would not salvage my grade as we weren't taught half the content and no one in the year had a clue of what was going on (they gave out the mark schemes to memorise for mocks and most people were getting between U-5).

😑 (I can't define my feelings towards results day very well but its like a mixture of anxiety, irrational fear, overthinking and also being desperate to get it over with in case there is a glimmer of hope)

Scenarios:
Best/Worst/Realistic
Lit: 9/6/8
Lang: 8/6/8
Maths: 9/7/8
Bio: 9/7/8
Chem: 9/7/9
Physics: 8/6/7
Geo: 9/7/9
RS: 9/7/9
Drama: 7/4/6
CIDA: A*/A/A* (not really a GCSE tbf - already got an A in my Unit 1 and only needed 23/33 in the coursework to get an A* overall)

Its a struggle to predict my own grades as I don't want to set my expectations too high since the grade boundries are basically unpredictable.

Spoiler

Destination: Stupid me only applied to two places only to realise that they are literally the worst places I could have chosen so I am hoping to get accepted by late application to a much better (grammar) sixth form that I thought was out of my reach.

Post-Results Day: If all goes well, I'll be binge watching MKR (cooking competition) as I am still on holiday and not due back until Tuesday.

Good Luck Guys!
What poem came out the AQA lit/lang this year? Good luck guys!
Original post by great guy
What poem came out the AQA lit/lang this year? Good luck guys!

There is no poems in English Language exam. In English Literature the poem chosen this year for Love and Relationships was Singh Song.
I took English language and English literature, maths, separate biology, combined chemistry physics biology, child development, business studies and photography. Even though gcse results day is in 4 days I still have no idea what I’m going to do lol 😂. I will either go to sixth form and study English language biology art , psychology or geography. Or I will do level 3 art & design btec, or business btec or health and social care btec. My favourite Gcse was child development as the lessons were fun and enjoyable and the work was common sense and I liked what we learnt. I also enjoyed photography as I am quite a creative person so it suited me. My worst gcse was definitely maths and business. I find maths difficult so I hate maths lol, and for business the content is interesting to learn I just had a bad teacher.

I don’t feel that nervous for results day, I am excited as I can’t waif to just finally see what I achieved!!!!! And I can finally decide what I am going to do in September!!!!!:smile:🤪.

Best case scenario for my grades:
Maths 4
Business B
Photography 8/9
English language 5/6
Biology 6
Combined science 4/5
Child development B
I finished my English lit gcse a year early so I have already passed it.

Worst case scenario:
Maths 3
Business D
Photography 6
English language 4
Biology Ungraded ,as I did higher .
Combined science : 3
Child development D

After collecting my gcse results I will just be spending the day with my mum and my sister talking about my grades and what I chose to do and I will also be hanging out with my boyfriend to see how he done and tell him my results .

So yeah !!!!😁

Quick Reply

Latest