The Student Room Group

How to balance revising Year 1 and Year 2 A levels

I completed my first year of a levels in July and I do Economics, Maths and Geography and got ABC respectively. Looking at the spec for next year, I was wondering how I am going to balance revising what I learnt in year 1 and learning and revising year 2. I was wondering if one day I should revise what I learnt in year 1 for each of my subjects and the next day revise what I am learning while doing year 2 and alternate. I don't know if this is a good idea or if there is any other ways other people revised, any tips on how to revise year 1 while learning and revising year 2 would be helpful, thanks. (By the way, I am aiming to get A*A*A so I am willing to put the effort in if needs be)
Original post by MG123456789
I completed my first year of a levels in July and I do Economics, Maths and Geography and got ABC respectively. Looking at the spec for next year, I was wondering how I am going to balance revising what I learnt in year 1 and learning and revising year 2. I was wondering if one day I should revise what I learnt in year 1 for each of my subjects and the next day revise what I am learning while doing year 2 and alternate. I don't know if this is a good idea or if there is any other ways other people revised, any tips on how to revise year 1 while learning and revising year 2 would be helpful, thanks. (By the way, I am aiming to get A*A*A so I am willing to put the effort in if needs be)

Hey, the only A Level I did out of your 3 was Geography (Edexcel) and managed to get an A. As the previous poster has already said, it is vital you get a hold of the specification for each of your subjects so you know you are learning the correct content. For Geography, going into Year 13 I already had written all of my notes for the Year 12 topics (I just wrote them as I went along) and so could focus on Year 13 content and coursework - If you haven't done your coursework in Geog yet PLEASE work hard on it, I managed to get 69/70 and it boosted my grade dramatically. To be honest, you don't have to be revisiting Year 12 every single day but I guess once a week would be nice. To be honest I didn't start revisiting Year 12 until at least December/January...

But yeah, no. 1 piece of advice is to get all your revision resources and notes sorted from Year 12 so you don't have to worry about it come exam season - I did this best with Psychology and got an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest