The Student Room Group

Was this ever a 2:1?

Hey I would like to know please if the results obtained from second year and third year enabled me to get a 2:1 or was it a 2:2 in the end as predicted.

As a post-graduate from the University of Hertfordshire the two top 6 15 credit modules from Level 5 and the minimum of 3 30 credit modules are considered towards classifying the degree.

2nd year: 69,65,65,62,55,42 worth 25%
3rd year: 65,53,48 worth 75%

Two modules I was expecting referrals/deferrals yet I got denied so what would I come out with.

Would you please calculate and tell me what I got for my final grade and I know this would definitely not be a 360 credit honours degree due to not having a second attempt at two modules I put serious adverse circumstances for and having thought I passed one already for the two needed in referral/deferral

Thank you

:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I would like to know please if the results obtained from second year and third year enabled me to get a 2:1 or was it a 2:2 in the end as predicted.

As a post-graduate from the University of Hertfordshire the two top 6 15 credit modules from Level 5 and the minimum of 3 30 credit modules are considered towards classifying the degree.

Two modules I was expecting referrals/deferrals yet I got denied so what would I come out with.

Would you please calculate and tell me what I got for my final grade and I know this would definitely not be a 360 credit honours degree due to not having a second attempt at two modules I put serious adverse circumstances for and having thought I passed one already for the two needed in referral/deferral

Thank you

I calculate that as 56.4% -- so a 2:2.

However, if you didn't get the credits awarded for all 360 credits, you're not eligible for an honours degree.

See https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/how-to-apply/honours-classification-bachelors-degree
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
I calculate that as 56.4% -- so a 2:2.

However, if you didn't get the credits awarded for all 360 credits, you're not eligible for an honours degree.

See https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/how-to-apply/honours-classification-bachelors-degree

What am I eligible for then…
Reply 3
Level 5 is not postgraduate...
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
Level 5 is not postgraduate...

Sorry undergraduate*
Original post by Anonymous

Thank you

Are you sure that you are correct about counting just the top 2 15-credit modules from second year?
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
Are you sure that you are correct about counting just the top 2 15-credit modules from second year?

Sorry not two 6 best 15 credits so it would be 69,65,65,62,55,42. And my 3 best 90 credits at Level 6 is 65,53,48
I work it out as a mid 2:2 - 56.4%. 30 credits at a third class and 30 credits at a 2:2 in third year really bring your average down considerably. The third and 2:2: in second year also brings you down a bit.

(69+65+65+62+55+42)/6 = your second year average, which is 59.6%

(65+53+49)/3 = your third year average, which is 55.3%.

Your overall average is 75% of your third year plus 25% of your second year so: 0.25*(59.6)+0.75(55.3) = 56.4%, hence a 2:2 overall.

Realistically you weren't hitting a 2:1 in either year (in fact most of your modules in third year and half of them in second year were under a 2:1 and the ones that were over weren't high 1sts or anything to balance that out) so you weren't going to be getting a 2:1 overall realistically. Unless the remaining 30 credits of modules in each second and third year are actually higher than what you've listed and so would bring your averages up.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending