The Student Room Group

Was this ever a 2:1?

Hey I would like to know please if the results obtained from second year and third year enabled me to get a 2:1 or was it a 2:2 in the end as predicted.

As a post-graduate from the University of Hertfordshire the two top 6 15 credit modules from Level 5 and the minimum of 3 30 credit modules are considered towards classifying the degree.

2nd year: 69,65,65,62,55,42 worth 25%
3rd year: 65,53,48 worth 75%

Two modules I was expecting referrals/deferrals yet I got denied so what would I come out with.

Would you please calculate and tell me what I got for my final grade and I know this would definitely not be a 360 credit honours degree due to not having a second attempt at two modules I put serious adverse circumstances for and having thought I passed one already for the two needed in referral/deferral

Thank you

:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey I would like to know please if the results obtained from second year and third year enabled me to get a 2:1 or was it a 2:2 in the end as predicted.

As a post-graduate from the University of Hertfordshire the two top 6 15 credit modules from Level 5 and the minimum of 3 30 credit modules are considered towards classifying the degree.

Two modules I was expecting referrals/deferrals yet I got denied so what would I come out with.

Would you please calculate and tell me what I got for my final grade and I know this would definitely not be a 360 credit honours degree due to not having a second attempt at two modules I put serious adverse circumstances for and having thought I passed one already for the two needed in referral/deferral

Thank you

I calculate that as 56.4% -- so a 2:2.

However, if you didn't get the credits awarded for all 360 credits, you're not eligible for an honours degree.

See https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/how-to-apply/honours-classification-bachelors-degree
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
I calculate that as 56.4% -- so a 2:2.

However, if you didn't get the credits awarded for all 360 credits, you're not eligible for an honours degree.

See https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/how-to-apply/honours-classification-bachelors-degree

What am I eligible for then…
Reply 3
Level 5 is not postgraduate...
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
Level 5 is not postgraduate...

Sorry undergraduate*
Original post by Anonymous

Thank you

Are you sure that you are correct about counting just the top 2 15-credit modules from second year?
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
Are you sure that you are correct about counting just the top 2 15-credit modules from second year?

Sorry not two 6 best 15 credits so it would be 69,65,65,62,55,42. And my 3 best 90 credits at Level 6 is 65,53,48
I work it out as a mid 2:2 - 56.4%. 30 credits at a third class and 30 credits at a 2:2 in third year really bring your average down considerably. The third and 2:2: in second year also brings you down a bit.

(69+65+65+62+55+42)/6 = your second year average, which is 59.6%

(65+53+49)/3 = your third year average, which is 55.3%.

Your overall average is 75% of your third year plus 25% of your second year so: 0.25*(59.6)+0.75(55.3) = 56.4%, hence a 2:2 overall.

Realistically you weren't hitting a 2:1 in either year (in fact most of your modules in third year and half of them in second year were under a 2:1 and the ones that were over weren't high 1sts or anything to balance that out) so you weren't going to be getting a 2:1 overall realistically. Unless the remaining 30 credits of modules in each second and third year are actually higher than what you've listed and so would bring your averages up.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending