The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just phoned aqa and they said it should definitely be within 20 days and I sent mine back on the 23. Should be mon or tues I'm hoping! Just want to know!
(Original post by I_know_nothing)Still waiting for AQA english lang, it's been 13 days and been told within 20 days! Everything crossed!

I’m still waiting for my language from AQA too, the school made me get mine remarked I didn’t pay so does that change the amount of time I have to wait for result?
Original post by 221101230303
(Original post by I_know_nothing)Still waiting for AQA english lang, it's been 13 days and been told within 20 days! Everything crossed!

I’m still waiting for my language from AQA too, the school made me get mine remarked I didn’t pay so does that change the amount of time I have to wait for result?

You only have to pay if the mark doesn't change, I'm sure the school will have to pay if it doesn't. They obviously believe your mark is wrong to do this. All remark are done within 20 days x
Oh right okay thank youuuuu x
Reply 24
My son's re-mark came back today - AQA English Lang - submitted on 23rd August (in the afternoon of Results Day).
Original post by Mel242
My son's re-mark came back today - AQA English Lang - submitted on 23rd August (in the afternoon of Results Day).

How did he get on?
Original post by Jomee15
Is anyone getting their GCSE papers remarked? if so, which subject and how far off the next grade boundary are you?

statistics- i was 1 mark off a 'b'

by the way statistics is still marked from a*-c
Reply 27
Original post by I_know_nothing
How did he get on?

No change, unfortunately! I think this year's re-mark will be stricter. His school warned us it has become a 'review of marking' rather than a complete re-mark. This implies that rather than looking at the script afresh, the examiner just checks to make sure that the original marker applied the mark scheme appropriately.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Original post by Jomee15
Is anyone getting their GCSE papers remarked? if so, which subject and how far off the next grade boundary are you?

English literature - 5 (2 marks off a 6)
Chemistry - 8 (1 mark off a 9)
Good luck to everyone 😊
What a nightmare!! I'm not feeling to hopeful, hope he's ok!
Reply 30
Original post by I_know_nothing
What a nightmare!! I'm not feeling to hopeful, hope he's ok!

He doesn't seem too bothered now! He was really cross on Results Day as got 9s for everything apart from Eng Lang and Lit. He was 2 marks away from an 8 for Lang but AQA obviously had no interest in scrounging those couple of marks together for him!
Original post by Mel242
He doesn't seem too bothered now! He was really cross on Results Day as got 9s for everything apart from Eng Lang and Lit. He was 2 marks away from an 8 for Lang but AQA obviously had no interest in scrounging those couple of marks together for him!

So furstrating!! Sounds like he did really well thou!!
Have you had to pay for each individual paper to be marked or are they classed as one paper ?
I just need a pass for English Language, don't like English Language. Still no news.
Original post by orbegine
Have you had to pay for each individual paper to be marked or are they classed as one paper ?

I've retaken as an adult and will have to pay for each paper separately but only if the mark doesn't change so fingers crossed 🤞
Reply 35
Original post by orbegine

Fee is per paper. It is worth speaking to your teacher or exams officer to get a mark breakdown for each paper to see which one you should submit for review/re-mark.
Still waiting.... anyone else got their remark back?
On results day my daughter got an U for Spanish. We questioned this and the school investigated with AQA... just found out one whole component was not marked AT ALL!!! This has now been marked and she got a 4. Shocking that this could even happen
Reply 38
Just heard from the exams office in son's school that a whole tranche of reviews had come back - 30 scripts, all no change. AQA being very strict!
Getting an E in Cambridge IGCSE Latin remarked after getting all A*-B grades in the other 12 subjects. One mark off a D. Pulling my hair out though - CIE is notoriously strict about remarks and seriously doubting myself 😑

Reaaaally don’t want to have to dole out a fortune if the grade doesn’t go up - exam officer told me I should get both papers remarked, so I did..

Latest