The Student Room Group

Does Oxford differentiate between 8s/9s at GCSE?

Seen a few old threads on here saying they don't - has there been a more recent update to this?

I got 8 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s in my GCSEs - sadly one of the 8s is in the subject I want to continue doing at university. Do they differentiate between these two grades? If so, should I attempt to get my 8s remarked?
Original post by Anonymous
Seen a few old threads on here saying they don't - has there been a more recent update to this?

I got 8 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s in my GCSEs - sadly one of the 8s is in the subject I want to continue doing at university. Do they differentiate between these two grades? If so, should I attempt to get my 8s remarked?

Oxford expect good GCSEs but they don't expect perfect GCSEs. That is an excellent set of grades and you should not be worrying. Next job is to nail your A-levels :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous

We can't know for sure if they'll continue assessing GCSEs in the same way, but usually they only care about cGCSEs, which don't differentiate between 8s and 9s. I didn't get a 9 in the subject I'm studying here. If you think you could increase your grade by remarking, go for it, but it won't doom your application or anything if you can't.
Reply 3
Original post by emilyalexandria
We can't know for sure if they'll continue assessing GCSEs in the same way, but usually they only care about cGCSEs, which don't differentiate between 8s and 9s. I didn't get a 9 in the subject I'm studying here. If you think you could increase your grade by remarking, go for it, but it won't doom your application or anything if you can't.

I was 1 mark off a 9 in both, so I think a remark might be worth it. Thanks for the advice though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending