The Student Room Group

Medicine with a B as resit for science

I did double science at GCSE, but I ended up getting BC. Therefore, I resat the C part and got a B. I was wondering whether it's possible for me to still apply to med school where it states that they want atleast a B in double science, maths etc. Because when I look at the resit policy, it's just about A levels and not GCSEs. Please help
Original post by TEABAG03
I did double science at GCSE, but I ended up getting BC. Therefore, I resat the C part and got a B. I was wondering whether it's possible for me to still apply to med school where it states that they want atleast a B in double science, maths etc. Because when I look at the resit policy, it's just about A levels and not GCSEs. Please help

If it is silent then I would say yes, but you can always ask the medical school. They tend to be less precise and less concerned with GCSE resits, but you need to check.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
If it is silent then I would say yes, but you can always ask the medical school. They tend to be less precise and less concerned with GCSE resits, but you need to check.

Thank you,I have emailed a couple of universities regarding this and all they said was that if it is a modular resit, my application still may be considered. Have you got any idea what they mean with that ?
Original post by TEABAG03
Thank you,I have emailed a couple of universities regarding this and all they said was that if it is a modular resit, my application still may be considered. Have you got any idea what they mean with that ?

Modular resits are where you take part of the exam again. Im not sure whether this is a common situation at all, so whether thats relevant.
There are enough medical schools am sure there will be 4 where its ok. Print off the guide linked by ecolier and check the policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending