The Student Room Group

In a sticky situation, how screwed am I?

Hey, basically to keep it short, im incredibly stressed as I had to re-sit my AS history and economics, which im not yet gotten the grade for (im 100% i didnt do that well). If i fail the re-sits, will i have to redo the year? If so, I cant, since im a foreign student living with a host family in the UK so if I fail im probably going back to my home country as my parents wont pay for another year abroad. Any advice or motivation right now would do bits. Cheers.
Original post by jadedlad
Hey, basically to keep it short, im incredibly stressed as I had to re-sit my AS history and economics, which im not yet gotten the grade for (im 100% i didnt do that well). If i fail the re-sits, will i have to redo the year? If so, I cant, since im a foreign student living with a host family in the UK so if I fail im probably going back to my home country as my parents wont pay for another year abroad. Any advice or motivation right now would do bits. Cheers.

I cant see how you can do anything because your future is dependent on the exam results. If you fail you go home and if you pass you need to pull your socks up.

Imagine you pass, then you are heading for poor grades anyway unless you sort out your study and work harder and smarter if you can?

They might offer you to redo the year or they might offer you BTEC which are coursework based exams. Why do you think you performed poorly?

Hang in there and wait and see. You wont be the only one.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I cant see how you can do anything because your future is dependent on the exam results. If you fail you go home and if you pass you need to pull your socks up.

Imagine you pass, then you are heading for poor grades anyway unless you sort out your study and work harder and smarter if you can?

They might offer you to redo the year or they might offer you BTEC which are coursework based exams. Why do you think you performed poorly?

Hang in there and wait and see. You wont be the only one.

Yeah i suppose you are right, that even if I pass it will be really difficult to carry on.. this whole mess has been a powerful wake up call and im really determined to progress without setbacks.

Cheers for the response

Quick Reply

Latest