The Student Room Group

Possible disqualification from all AQA subjects A levels?

Sticky situation but I guess I had it coming. Basically I had cheated in one of the Non-Exam Assessments by having someone do the work for me (they provided me with help and I didn't reference them). I've basically plagiarized, made a false declaration of authenticity and colluded. Now I've already had a look at JCQ's malpractice documentation and if you scroll to the bottom, it tells you the indicative things for each offense and the level of sanction that could be applied. I think I may just be sitting on a disqualification at the very least, but because I broke multiple rules, would this be a disqualification from all A-levels?

Thing is that I have another subject and an EPQ from AQA as well and this is an investigation that has only just come up post A-levels. I have no doubt that they will have the evidence that they need as someone has reported me with it and I don't think it'll be worth lying to the exam board as I have heard that makes things a lot worse.

Just wanted views on this. Is it likely that I'll just face a flat out disqualification from all my AQA based subjects for that year, or will I only get disqualified for the subject the NEA is in? Seems harsh if it was for all but I guess cheating is cheating.
Do they know that you cheated? They might never find out 😂
Original post by thatcher2nd
Do they know that you cheated? They might never find out 😂

Did you read the parts of the post where it says "someone has reported me", and the fact that there "is an investigation"?
Reply 3
Going to bump to see if anyone has experience with these sorts of situations. Also wanted to note that I am currently at uni and have been told that I might get kicked out for fraudulent results! What do I do?

Quick Reply

Latest