The Student Room Group

Crap A-level teachers

I am in year twelve.Basically I got (8,8,7,7,6,6,6,5) in my GCSEs and didn’t get the grades to go to the prestigious college that I wanted to go to.My family were expecting so much from me so I felt so baddd.

Instead, I remained at my school sixthform and my siblings told me that it was rubbish but I felt motivated that I would get brilliant teachers and prove them wrong.

But now I feel really demotivated and like I will prove them right because the teachers are so bad.I am aiming for A*A*A* and I know that I have the mental capability, I simply need the motivation and right techniques.(Biology, Chemistry,Sociology)

Please can you motivate me and give me study tips!
Original post by SilverLipa
I am in year twelve.Basically I got (8,8,7,7,6,6,6,5) in my GCSEs and didn’t get the grades to go to the prestigious college that I wanted to go to.My family were expecting so much from me so I felt so baddd.

Instead, I remained at my school sixthform and my siblings told me that it was rubbish but I felt motivated that I would get brilliant teachers and prove them wrong.

But now I feel really demotivated and like I will prove them right because the teachers are so bad.I am aiming for A*A*A* and I know that I have the mental capability, I simply need the motivation and right techniques.(Biology, Chemistry,Sociology)

What makes you think that you, as a child, are qualified to criticise and assess the teaching so globally?
if you think getting a certain grade is fully dependant on a teacher then youre never going to get that grade

If you were that smart then why didnt you factor it all in to get the GCSEs you needed?

Why didnt you do your research and go to a school that had better prospects and better teachers?

Surely if you were already at the school you would know the strengths of the teachers beforehand?

How much of motivation needs to come from you?

If you feel the teachers are deficient, then shouldnt you be problem solving and working how to get the right techniques?

You can also make an official complaint if you have the evidence.

Be a self starter and dont let inferior teachers demotivate you, but use your superior mental capability to figure out the solution that gets you those grades. Not everyone has that mental ability so you have a massive advantage already.

Do practice exam papers and read the examiner reports for previous exams. They will be the most help to you.
Original post by Reality Check
Because, as a victim, it's all about ME ME ME and MY DEMANDS AND RIGHTS.

:yawn:

I am of the view if you are going to make claims, then you back them up.

Be the solution not the problem sort of person.
Original post by 999tigger
I am of the view if you are going to make claims, then you back them up.

Be the solution not the problem sort of person.

Spot on.
You should be able to motivate yourself surely... if you’re really going for 3 A*s that’s kind of a necessity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending